Latest Job Vacancy for Senior Procurement Manager at the U.S. Agency for International Development on 2016
The Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management Project (GHSC-PSM), is a USAID program implemented by SAII Associates Ltd. /Gte., an associated company of Chemonics International Inc. in Nigeria. The purpose of the Project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of U.S. government funded public health initiatives throughout the world.
POSITION : Senior Procurement Manager
- The Senior Procurement Manager, amongst other job functions, will lead the technical procurement services for GHSC-PSM Target Local Procurement (TLP) and, public health supply chain in Nigeria.
- He/she will provide leadership, management, coordination, and technical expertise for the improvement of systems for planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting on project technical procurement and support functions, as required.
- S/he will help to collaborate closely with other major stakeholders in the implementation and improvement of the procurement of goods and services to support public health supply chain service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Planning and Source Director in development of overall strategic plan, implementation framework and review of the Department’s goals and objectives to support the GHSC-PSM mandate in the public health supply chain programs.
- Lead the technical procurement of health products and services that will support the implementation of activities for an uninterrupted access to health commodities at the service delivery points in Nigeria.
- Lead the development and management of request for information (RFI), request for proposal (RFP), request for quotation (RFQ) and Indefinite Quantity Contracts (IQC) Sub awards that will support the management of technical procurement of products and services.
- Lead the development, review and issuance of task orders (TO) to contracted service providers for smooth implementation of services in line with GHSC-PSM policies
- Work with the compliance team to ensure that technical procurement of goods and services are in line with USAID FAR/AIDAR regulations and Chemonics policies.
- Lead in developing and managing relationships with vendors (including performing relevant assessment and due diligence) to ensure that technical procurement of goods and services are of the highest quality that meets US Government regulations.
- Oversee the development of appropriate sourcing strategies that will enable the project obtain best value for resources committed to project activities.
- Support the development, review and institutionalization of appropriate technical procurement standard operating procedures that meets US Government regulations and Chemonics policies.
- Represent the Project in appropriate external technical meetings with the partners, Government and donors in support of the project goals and objectives.
- Support in the development of continuous quality Improvement of the procurement processes and clearance processes to support timely availability of goods and services to the clients and relevant stakeholders,
- Supervise and manage the Procurement and Custom Clearance teams to promote smooth internal operations of the in line with Chemonics operational manual.
- Coach and mentor team, procurement advisors and managers in development of RFP, RFQ, IQC- sub-awards and TO for procurement services.
- Support the development and reporting on key performance indicators to demonstrate the project achievements in support of technical procurement services,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Applicants for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Supply Chain Operations, Public Health, Management, Procurement, or relevant degree required.
- Minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience in procurement of goods and services with International Non-Governmental Organization especially in the health sector preferred. USAID experience a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in developing technical Requests for Information, Proposals, Quotations, Indefinite Quantity Contracts Sub-awards and managing complex procurement of goods and services for the health sector required.
- CIPS – Chartered Institute Procurement and Supply Certification and/or membership is a plus
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing high performing teams required
- Experience engaging with local and international vendors on procurement of goods and services required
- Knowledge of procurement using ERP systems required
- Knowledge of the Nigeria public health sector environment a plus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV/Resumes and contact information for at least Three professional references to:PSMNigeriaRecruit@ghsc-psm.org
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No recent graduates should apply
- clearly indicate in the subject line the position desired.