Assistan t(Technical) at the British High Commission on 2016
We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
POSITION : Technical Works Group Office Assistant (19/16 LOS)
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job:
- General administration of Technical Works Group (TWG) operation.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
- Monitoring the TWG inbox and helpdesk.
- Receiving phone calls/e-mails from clients regarding emergency maintenance requests.
- Control of the works requests cycle (reactive and day to day maintenance) this includes:- Originating/Receiving/Registering works request; Acknowledgement and delegating works to the relevant teams; Reporting on client’s satisfaction.
- Drafting notices and information to clients and replies to their queries.
- Filing of correspondence, purchase and contract documents.
- Co-ordination of the Pre-Planned Maintenance (PPM) regime
- Filling entries onto Pyramid.
- Preparation of Permanent staff overtimes on monthly basis.
- Administration of casual staff payroll.
- Compile property files and ensure they are up to date regarding Mini Building Hazards Risk Assesment required documentation.
- Receipting goods & services on prism.
- Asset management for TWG.
- GPC Card for general supplies; confirmation and payment.
- Administrative support for the TWG Foreman.
- Training co-ordinator for TWG.
- Administrative support for Technical works Supervisors.
- Advising and monitoring TWG Artisans in the correct use of Prism.
- Telephone tree co-ordinator
- Deal with Government utility departments and outside contractors when required
- Works requests analysis and to implement Estates management policies to increase work efficiencies.
- Complete the appraisal cycle as reporting and countersigning officer for line managed staff as delegated by the TWG foreman.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- IT literate and familiar in Microsoft office applications.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Organisational and project management skills
- Knowledge of building management
- Changing and Improving, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Starting monthly salary: N248,761
1st November, 2016
- Employees recruited locally by the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in the country of application with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Reference and security clearances checks will be conducted.
- Any questions you may have about this position will be answered during the interview, should you be invited.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework
- Successful candidates not resident in Country will be personally liable for costs and arrangements to relocate, including accommodation and work permits.
- Complete the application form in full as the information provided will be used for screening purposes.
- Check your application and attachments before you submit your application, as you will not be able to make any changes once submitted.
- The British Deputy High Commission will never ask you to pay a fee or money to apply for a position.