Assistant II at The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture on 2017
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) – Our award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
POSITION : Administrative Assistant II
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Carry out all secretarial support services in Hospitality and Travel Services Unit;
- Monitor and maintain effective filling of incoming and outgoing mail, attend to customers and collect the meal tickets monthly for all staff;
- Prepare and collate Short term staff LOP for approval, checking of biometrics for casual workers and prepare monthly fees for casual workers and DPC’s;
- Prepare daily menu and weekend menu on IITA Intranet and send to the concerned destinations;
- Monitor and maintain stock of stationeries;
- Request for stationeries from central stores via oracle and send work orders for the repairs/replacement for different sections of Hospitality & Travel Services;
- Carry out monthly report of Staff, Short Term Staff and Casuals, NYSC/Industrial Attachment Students
- Monitor leave roster for all the staff;
- Coordinate the renewal of Short Term Staff and Casuals;
- Collate Staff/Short Term Staff Overtime and input on Paypers/Excel Spread Sheet for Head, Hospitality & Travel Services’ approval.
- Develop and maintain bulletin for Hospitality and Travel Services Unit;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- HND/BSc in Business Administration or related field with 2 years’ experience performing same role.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be a good team player.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Be computer literate.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.