Assistants at The United Nations World Food Programme on 2016
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill a number of General Services position based in WFP Nigeria. The position is based in Maiduguri and Damaturu respectively. If you are a Nigerian national, committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for people in need, we would like to hear from you.
POSITION : Administrative Assistant (G5)
Key Responsibilities (not all inclusive, nor exhaustive)
- Check the provision of a range of service, including facilities and light vehicle management, travel, protocol related etc; maintaining information, to contribute to the provision of safe and comfortable working environment.
- Collate and process information including dissemination to support the productions of standard documents and reports for the unit, to enable decision-making and the effective management of resources.
- Management and maintain paper and electronic records within the area of responsibility in accordance with established procedures, to ensure swift and easy data access as required.
- Undertake research and perform basic analyses of data, to contribute to the provision of accurate information and effective management of resources.
- Be a first point of contact for internal queries, to facilitate the provision of efficient and effective resolution of daily issues.
- Provide inputs to routine methods and practices in own area of work, to support the continuous improvement of service provided.
Qualification, Experience and Attributes
- Monitors and supervises administrative work against the established standards and protocol for service excellent. Ensures that customer problems are identified and resolved.
- He supported in providing ad-hoc guidance to new staff members
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge of administration best practices, techniques and processes and good grasp of WFP standards processes, and infrastructure in area of efficient and effective administration services.
- Completion of Secondary School Education
- A first Degree in Administration, Management or related discipline desirable.
- Fluency (level C) in English, Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local Language is desirable
Terms And Conditions
Selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year. WFP offers an attractive compensation package. For more details please visit International Civil Service Commision website: http://icsc.un.org (link:http://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries_allowances/salaries/nigeria.htm)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resume/Curriculum Vitae as a single document to: firstname.lastname@example.org electronically.
- WFP will apply a rigorous and transparent selection process including thorough assessment of technical skills to ensure the best candidates are selected for the job
- Only applications sent electronically to the designated email address with Job title clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.