Civic Education at The American University of Nigeria on 2016
The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2003. The institution was conceived as Africa’s first Development University. Its mission is to pioneer service learning and build leaders who will be prepared to tackle societal concerns. Located in Yola, Adamawa State, the University is a world-class career-oriented institution missioned to be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a strong commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential to solving the continent’s critical social and economic problems.
POSITION : Social Studies/ Civic Education Teacher
Summary of Position
- To implement and deliver a balanced and relevant curriculum for the students and to support the overall social studies/civic education curriculum of the New Foundation School.
- He/she shall monitor and support the overall progress and development of the students both as a teacher and a mentor.
- A Post Graduate Diploma in Education and a good first Degree in History; Sociology and Anthropology or any Art related from a recognized tertiary with three to five years teaching experience; OR any equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office programs.
- Possess high level interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be flexible enough to adapt to changing circumstances at workplace
Other Requirements, Abilities for the position:
- Energetic, dynamic personality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to perform consistently under pressure and to meet set deadlines
- Proactivity in the work environment
- Working efficiently and continuously with a positive attitude.
- Dress Decently
- Flexibility with time as completing certain tasks might involve working overtime.
- Good organizing skills and willingness to learn.
- A good workplace ethics.
- Adequate knowledge of AUN Policies and Procedures.
- The full-time social studies/civic education teacher is expected to have a general knowledge of the subject and experience.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, Cover letters and references to: email@example.com before the closing date of this publication. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.