Cost Controller at The American University of Nigeria on 2016
The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2003. The institution was conceived as Africa’s first Development University. Its mission is to pioneer service learning and build leaders who will be prepared to tackle societal concerns. Located in Yola, Adamawa State, the University is a world-class career-oriented institution missioned to be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a strong commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential to solving the continent’s critical social and economic problems.
POSITION : Cost Controller – AUN Hotel
Summary of Position
- The Cost Controller will be charged with the responsibility of tracking and controlling cost.
- The duties shall include but NOT limited to estimating cost, reporting cost, negotiating purchases and effective cost management in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Detailed Listing of Responsibilities
- In charge of Portion Control software.
- Control food and beverages stock at sales points.
- Reconciliation of input to output.
- Computation of yield analysis using manual method and or the Portion Control software.
- Carry out spot checks at revenue points and Stores.
- Oversees Store operation to ensure that all inflows and outflows are adequately captured in the Stores software, using the prescribed documents.
- Pre-determine sales based on the indices of stock movement and balances.
- Reconciliation of cash received to sales made.
- Monthly and annual summary of Fixed Assets depreciation schedule
- Ensure that all Fixed Assets have identification numbers.
- Maintain appropriate documentation for tracking movement of Fixed Assets.
- Monthly report on cost of maintenance of each Motor vehicle.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor(s)
- A B.Sc degree in Accounting or a related discipline from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Minimum of five years post NYSC experience in an established accounting firm/institution.
- Certification in ANAN or ICAN would be an added advantage
- Excellent proficiency with the use of database management software and other computer devices to perform duties more efficiently.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations.
- Experience with Excel usage will be a plus.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Leadership skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft Excel
- Smart and energetic
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information.
- Confidentiality concerning personal files and records.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Hotel.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of this publication. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.