Deputy Program Manager, CASH at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International on 2016
Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
POSITION : CASH Deputy Program Manager
- The Cash Transfer Deputy Program Manager will play a key role in implementing the PROTECT IDP response in North-Eastern Nigeria.
- From November 2016, ACF will implement a multi-sectoral emergency response program to support IDPs in settlement and camps, and most vulnerable host households in a bid to contribute to the eradication of extreme hunger, malnutrition and poverty in Northern Nigeria.
- Provide support to ACF’s Emergency Program Manager (EPM) to implement of the program.
- Manage field teams within cash sub sector to ensure compliance, technical quality and coherence in all cash interventions.
- Ensure tracking and reporting of technical activities under cash subsector.
- Participate in regular internal and external coordination for the program at LGA level and at state level when required.
- Degree in FSL related studies e.g. Agro-economy, Natural Resource Management, Anthropology, etc.
- Minimum two years’ work experience in humanitarian contexts, with at least 1 year in conflict/insecure contexts.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
- Excellent team, budget and project management and representation competencies
- Previous experience with cash transfer programming.
- Three years relevant work experience
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in English
- Commitment to ACF mission, values and policy
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience managing multispectral cash transfer program s(i.e. cash transfers or vouchers for nutrition, FSL, WASH, NFI, etc.)
- Previous experience with ACF
- Experience implementing programming on behalf of donor (i.e. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA) funded activities
- Fluency in Hausa or Kanuri
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application by email to: email@example.com
- To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line, or on the application envelope.
- Also note that applications will be processed on FIRST COME FIRST SERVED basis and any application received without these specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply.