Field Operation Manager at IHS Towers on 2016
IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
POSITION : State Field Operation Manager
- The individual will manage resources in a designated state and act as primary interface with IHS management for Technical/engineering responsibility and authority within the state.
- The Individual should have good Resource Management skills, as well as planning and budgetting.
- Ensuring Network availability is at par with the company’s pre-defined standards.
- Coordinate 24 hour 7 days a week, technical activities of field supervisors, contractors and maintenance personnel.
- Maintaining a database of ALL Infrastructure and Maintenance dependencies with trigger points for upgrade/replacement in a planned manner.
- Liaise with contractors and maintenance personnel to ensure they are adequately equipped to ensure maximum uptime on the network.
- Analysis of Reports on Team/Contractor performance in the light of Service Level Agreements as well as in line with IHS Nigeria Standards.
- Providing performance quantitative statistics as inputs into the weekly governance meeting chaired by the Regional technical Officer.
- Taking control of major faults that are escalated and initiating immediate steps to resolve ALL faults or in the process of resolution respective contractor or maintenance personnel in the shortest possible period and ensuring adequate feedback is given to NOC.
- Timely Analysis of Maintenance requests from internal and external stakeholders under assigned business area.
- Ensuring and maintaining a first-class Quality of Network by ensuring strict adherence to policies and procedures by field supervisors/maintenance teams/contractors as well as recommending areas of improvement.
- Liaise with diesel contractors to ensure on-schedule supply of diesel as well as provision of power (requisite quality) to sites within purview.
- Performance Management and Appraisals of Field Supervisors based on set Key Performance Areas
- Adequate communication of relevant information and feedback from Management to Field Supervisors, Technicians and contractors.
- Identify Training needs and act as mentor to subordinates.
- Appreciate regional targets and motivate subordinates for achievement.
- Ensure all reports (statistical and registers) are available accurately as at when due.
- Develop proactive methodologies for conducting fault diagnostics and resolution
- Creativity in mitigation of outages and resolution when they occur.
- Provide input into continuous development of site maintenance processes.
- B.Sc. in Engineering (Electrical/Telecommunication preferred)
- 4 years Hands On experience on Telecommunication Site Maintenance
- 2 Years in Supervisory/Team lead role.
- Computer and Information Management Appreciation
- Data Management
- End User Support
- Planning and Budgeting
- SLA and Vendor Management
- Resource Management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover letter to:firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the role in the subject bar.