Finance and Administration Manager at Stakeholder Democracy Network on 2016
Stakeholder Democracy Network is an International non-governmental organization that helps facilitate community development from a rights-based perspective. SDN operates in the Niger Delta where it is trying to help the communities affected by oil exploitation and the challenges of resource curse. SDN has five pillar issues that represent significant long held grievances and acute problems that we are trying to resolve. These are: Access to Energy, Democratisation, Environment, Resilient Communities, and Resource Governance.
POSITION : Finance and Administration Manager
- The Finance and Administration Manager will have a dual reporting line, reporting to both the Chief Financial Officer and the Country Director in Nigeria.
- The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager with experience in implementing and promoting strong financial and administration management through effective policies, systems and robust internal controls.
- This role will require the individual to take full responsibility for the finance and administration operations of SDN in Nigeria and contribute to the successful delivery of programmatic objectives through financial budgeting planning reporting and adherence to grant terms and conditions.
- The role will have a strong emphasis on building the capacity of the organisation and instilling a culture of integrity, transparency, learning and continuous improvement.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Financial Management 50%
- Administration and Contract Management 30%
- Organisation Strategy and Management 20%
- Minimum education of a Postgraduate degree, ideally with an MBA/CPA/ACA
- Spoken and written fluency in English with strong communication skills
- At least 10 years of overall professional experience, ideally 5+ years of broad financial and operations management
- Proven experience of managing and developing staff
- Proven experience of having final responsibility for delivering high quality and content of all financial data through strong internal processes and controls
- Proven experience in financial reporting and audit coordination
- Preferably has experience in running a human resources department
- Ability to translate financial concepts to programmatic staff and effectively collaborate with non-financial colleagues
- Strong track record in NGO grant management and donor reporting
- Strong IT skills with Microsoft packages and an accounting software package
- Commitment to development of staff and the organisation
- Commitment to instilling a culture of integrity, transparency, learning and continuous improvement.
Commensurate with experience and education, with excellent benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Covering letter and Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Candidate can request for a detailed list of duties for either role by sending an email to the two email address above.
- Your application will be acknowledged but only shortlisted candidates will receive further correspondence.