Hot Job Opening at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited on 2016
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited is committed to the provision of services of Technical Inspection, Expediting, Quality Assurance and Control, Training, Procurement and Outsourcing of Technical Personnel in line with global best practices in order to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.
POSITION : Welding Superintendent
To follow-up the Construction and associated pre-commissioning activities related to Nigerian Content (NC) packages, up to end of Construction and load-out/integration works.
Ensure that fabrication is in accordance with the design:
- Assists the Site Manager Main Yard, Construction Leader and Company Site Representative of other yard (upon request) to maintain a constant evaluation of Contractor’s programs and progress related to his discipline. He attends meetings as required by his hierarchy. He implements his hierarchy instructions and organizes his inspection team accordingly,
- To ensure that safety remains the main priority on the construction Yard/Site at all times, attend the toolbox meetings,
- To ensure that all Welding activities related to his discipline are performed safely and efficiently in line with company objectives,
- Monitor all welding related works during prefabrication and erection and pro-active for finding solution at site,
- Ensure contractor to follow and comply with requirement of Company specification related to Welding and applicable CODE and Standard,
- Reviews contractor documents related to welding such as: WPS, WPQT, and other procedures which related to welding in due time and expedite the validation,
- Review material certificates,
- Witness any welding test requirement and material test if necessary,
- Assist Contractor for the preparation of WPS and welder qualification,
- Able to read NDT result and actively propose constructive solution in case of any defect,
- Reviews contractor site queries related to welding works and co-ordinate the response with others discipline engineer leader,
- Reviews welding consumables certificates arrived,
- To ensure that in addition to quality and good engineering practice, planning and cost must be a permanent concern,
- To oversee the activities of all site teams within his discipline to ensure that all technical, contractual and cost information is properly recorded, collated and available for inspection/reference as required by company policy
- Establish a smooth and efficient working, and maintain good relationships with contractors, being relatively flexible, proactive but also strict when necessary to achieve the objectives of the project,
- To identify deficiencies and develop solutions to identify construction problems within his discipline,
- Reviews of vendor’s documents and verify,
- Close communication and exchange/share an information/constraint at yard with others discipline engineer leader,
- Monitor QC activities within his discipline,
- To manage construction interfaces within his discipline with others (engineering, other sub-projects, commissioning) arbitrating between different disciplines, the only criterion being the overall good of the project,
- To ensure that the construction yards are provided with suitable information in line with requirements (technical & schedule), troubleshooting any technical problems that could affect construction/ fabrication,
- To identify critical activities and potential bottlenecks for the progress of the works,
- To inform periodically to Site Manager Main Yard or Company Site Representative and Construction Leader about the progress activities and area of concern related to welding activities,
- To prepare or assist for preparing reports for company, partners, and authorities as required.
- To stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings,
- To participate to local programs or initiatives to improve HSSE performances,
- To report to Management on any issue they may face or observe and propose way of improvement,
- To also take care of colleagues safety and behaviour without hesitating to intervene as much as necessary,
- To carefully assess hazards and risks when changes occur,
- To give his own input and making sure the workplace is safe (obviously clean and tidy).
- When in doubt, ask questions to gain clarification.
Context and Environment:
- Security issues and difficult relationships with local communities may arises at some worksites, Rotational position.
- Ensure the progress and quality the construction work in Nigeria with the development of an optimized and efficient supervision team,
- Support and enforce the HSEQ project objectives and directives.
- Professional experience (number of years): 10 years of relevant construction experience in Oil and Gas Production projects,
- Welding engineer qualified is mandatory
- Ability to work as part of a team,
- Language: English fluent.