Hot Job Vacancy at University of Nigeria, Nsukka on 2016
University of Nigeria, Nsukka – Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below in the Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Physical Sciences of the University:
POSITION : Pastor Enoch A. Adeboye Professional Chair in Mathematics
Qualifications and Experience
- A candidate for this position must be an acclaimed Professor of Mathematics carrying out frontline research in any of the following mathematical disciplines: Ordinary and Partial Differential Equations, Numeric Analysis, Functional Analysis, Algebraic K-Theory, Algebraic Topology/Geometry, Mathematical Physics, Stochastic Analysis, Probability Theory, and Mathematical Modeling.
In addition, the holder of the Professorial Chair should have:
- Demonstrated evidence of extensive experience of successful practice of teaching and research in the discipline as adjudged by the profile of his/her curriculum vitae and references from not less than three recognized referees;
- Carried out research and published extensively in relevant aspects of Mathematics;
- A commitment to work full-time while devoting himself/herself completely to the challenges of academic excellence implicit in the position;
- The capacity to foster linkages with persons and institutions both nationally and internationally in the pursuit of excellence in knowledge and practice in Mathematics;
- Ability to adopt a team approach in research with other persons in the Department/Faculty.
Salary and Conditions of Service
As approved by the Board of Trustees, the appointment will initially be for three years. The Chair Occupant will enjoy current level of salary and allowances of a full Professor to be paid by the University and an additional grant to support his/her activities (such as funding support for research, conferences, travels, technical and secretarial services, among others) under the auspices of the Pastor E.A. Adebayo Professorial Endowment. The occupant will be required to give an annual lecture, publish and disseminate research results and organize major Seminars, Lectures and Symposia.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward Twenty Five (25) copies of Curriculum Vitae stating phone numbers, email addresses, age, marital status, qualifications, experience, (teaching, research and publications) to reach:
University of Nigeria,
Note: Candidates are also advised to request their referees to forward confidential report on them to the Registrar.