Hot Job Vacancy at at BASF Nigeria on 2016
BASF – Our broad portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. In 2015, BASF posted sales of €70 billion and income from operations before special items of approximately €6.7 billion. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through research and innovation, we support our customers in nearly every industry in meeting the current and future needs of society. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.
In line with our corporate purpose, around 112,000 employees contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world.
POSITION : Corporate Communications & Governmental Relations Manager
What you can expect:
- To support and deliver an effective and cost efficient Communication Service to the BASF Group within the Country Cluster West Africa, in alignment with the Corporate Communications and Governmental Relations Product catalogue.
- Provide input in respect of the overall annual communications,advocacy & governmental relations strategy, communications plan and budget for Corporate Communications for West Africa.
- Responsible for crisis communications for West African countries – all in close cooperation and alignment with Head of Communications and the West African County Cluster Head
- Develop a CSR Strategy & Communications plan (incl. budget proposal) for the Country Cluster East Africa in line with the CSR policy.
- Responsible for Internal Communications input and implementation for the Country Cluster West Africa and specific internal communications tasks acrosss Africa,pro-active contribution to intranet (re-launches), internal publications, plasmas, on-line reporter, events etc.in alignment with Head of Communications Africa.
- Support for the Country Cluster West Africa‘s internet page, articles, possible corporate events, social media (FB/Twitter for Africa) profiling of local key personnel ie. Country Cluster Head, Market Area Head as well the organisation.
- Marketing Communications will be part of the service portfolio, incl. Project management & budgeting
What we expect:
- A completed University degree (or equivalent) in BCom Communications or BCom Marketing/Journalism degree coupled with a minimum of 8 years of working experience in public relations, project management and marketing communication, preferably both in an agency and in-house, Experience in working in Communication/PR for a multinational company is essential.
- Must be fluent speaking and writing English, German will be an advantage
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and on-the-job training as part of a committed team.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.