Hottest Job Vacancy for Turbine Technician on 2016
The Turbine Technician will perform hands-on field service work on Turbines. The work includes but is not limited to borescope inspections, blade work, combustion, chamber maintenance/hot section replacements, engine swaps, and other types of maintenance tasks on combustion lines, dismantling of fuel airlines, inspection of swillers, turbine casing, nozzle segmentation 1st and 2nd stages and replacement of buckets. Prospective candidates must have had previous proven experience on O&M of turbines.
- Primary job responsibility is performing Gas Turbine and Plant mechanical maintenance.
- Will work as part of a team during, change outs, maintenance, and repair of Gas/Steam
- Use hand tools and small power tools to conduct general maintenance on Gas/Steam Turbines
- Troubleshoot complicated mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical problems on variable pitch, variable speed turbines
- Help in all areas of site as directed by manager or lead supervisor
- Perform all mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical component maintenance, repair or replacement of parts as directed
- Work effectively as part of a team of technicians
- Operate all plant mobile equipment, forklift, man lift, etc
- Perform both routine and non-routine preventive and corrective maintenance on plant equipment.
- Required to be “on call” while off shift to support emergency repair or monitoring as necessary.
- Assist other plant personnel as needed
- Maintain and repair plant mechanical devices.
- Reviews P&I Drawings and mechanical diagrams.
- Communicates condition of plant systems, equipment and pertinent information to others.
- Disassemble and Re assembly of multistage Gas/steam turbines
- Disassembly and reassembly Gas/steam turbine valve racks
- Documentation of inspection and assembly processes
- Process timesheets, expense reports, Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) forms, and job reports in a timely manner
- Comply with all HSE policies and procedures to ensure a safe and productive work site
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
- Sound experience working with Turbine systems
- Working knowledge of combined cycle power plant system, power plant operations, and maintenance, mechanical principles, work practices, procedures and materials.
- Must have a working knowledge and understand the principles of operation and function of boilers, turbines, generator and station auxiliaries.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of the safe rigging and scaffolding practices and the use of tackle, hoists and ladders used in this work
- Should be competent to plan & execute overhauling & testing of other electrical system (i.e. seal oil, hydrogen system, stator cooling water system etc.) included in LTSA scope.
- Should be competent in understanding & resolving problems encountered during generator / its auxiliary overhauling & testing, operation.
- Should be able to prepare procedure for generator overhauling / testing, test reports.
- Should be able to interpret the generator test / checks results.
- Ability to make maintenance related decisions with minimum direct supervision
- Must demonstrate the ability to maintain harmonious relationship with other employees in the plant.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of B.SC/HND in electrical engineering and its equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of related experience
- Minimum 10 years of Gas/Steam Turbine Generator work in Power Plant.
Qualified and interested candidates should forward their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org, use the position as the subject title