Hottest Jobs at Orion Group on 2016 – 2 positions
Established in Scotland in 1987, Orion Group has achieved consistent growth over the ensuing 27 years and is now an international leader in the provision of personnel to the Engineering Industry. Today Orion Group manages the placement of over 5,000 contractors every year via our worldwide network of offices throughout Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa. Following continued year on year growth, we expect to shortly exceed USD $1 billion annual sales.
POSITION : Proposals Manager
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Proposals Manager, based in West Africa.
This person will be responsible for managing the proposals (tenders) section of the Business Acquisition process and will report in to the Commercial Director.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Develop Proposal Strategy for each tender including, as a minimum, Key Issues Analysis (Issues, Features, Benefits and Proofs), SWOT (Strengths, weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) analysis and proposal execution plan
- Define all Proposal Deliverables and develop a matrix of who is responsible for each deliverable
- Analyse Tender Documents – ITT, Contract Conditions, Tender Forms, Work scope, Drawings etc.
- Membership of a professional organisation such as the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- 15+ years’ experience in the Oil & Gas industry
- Overseas and/or Africa work experience
- Familiar with EDMS – Team Binder or similar
- Experience of working in multicultural environments
- Excellent communication skills (facilitation, listening, verbal, written, presentation, negotiation); to negotiate, agree and document contracts with internal and external customers and external service providers..
POSITION : Financial Controler
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Financial Controller, based in West Africa. This position will lead the finance department within the organisation and reports directly to the Finance Director.
Responsibilities will include:
- Monthly Management Accounts
- ERP System and Financial Procedures and Controls
- Client invoicing
- Financial Information and Support
- Statutory Reporting
- Annual external accounts audit
- Finance staff
- Leave cover
- And any other ad hoc duties as assigned by the Financial Director
- Qualified accountant
- Wide experience of working with ERP/Accounting software
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Experience of leading a team in a developing-country environment
- Ability to process complex financial data and communicate in a clear, concise manner to non-financial personne