Job Vacancy as DMD(Deputy Managing Director) on 2016
The DMD manages and directs staff & management in engineering, quality, materials and manufacturing . The role is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of direct reports and for carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with policies and applicable laws.
§ A first degree in Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical & Materials Engineering, Industrial Chemistry, Physics or any related field
§ A postgraduate degree or professional qualification(s) is/are essential. (preferably an MBA)
§ Minimum of 10 years of progressive management experience in the international and local manufacturing sector
§ Effective communication and leadership skills
§ Problem solving skills
§ Supervisory skills
§ Business management background
In addition to the required qualifications, skills and competencies. The ideal candidate must also demonstrate organisational values and the following personal attributes:
§ Ability to lead, plan and manage change
§ Passion, and the willingness to become immersed in work
§ Honesty and trustworthiness
§ Meticulous attention to detail
§ Sound business ethics
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES OF THE ROLE
1) Participate in formulating and administering company policies, direct and coordinate all divisional department activities to develop and implement long-range goals and objectives to meet business and profitability growth objectives.
2) Review analysis of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
3) Confer with the Chief Executive Officer and other administrative personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
4) Develop, review, update and implements strategic business plans and new product development.
5) Review and ascertain manufacturing or outsourcing requirements to develop new markets.
6) Review and approve preparation of accounting analysis for budgetary planning and implementation, production efficiency, as well as financial reporting