Job Vacancy at Assessment Capacities project on 2016
The Assessment Capacities project (ACAPS) – dedicated to enabling humanitarians to better understand crises in order to be able to take better decisions. We work in collaboration across the humanitarian sector and beyond to provide an evolving platform of:
- Independent analysis to support evidence-based decision making for humanitarian operations.
- Deployment of experts to support assessments and analysis in crisis.
- Capacity development of humanitarian actors to carry out better needs assessments and analysis.
- Innovative approaches to collect more reliable and timely data and conduct rigorous analysis.
ACAPS proposes to continue to produce regular Briefing Notes informed by information collected both remotely (from Geneva) and in-country. For that purpose, ACAPS is seeking an Information Analyst who will be tasked with regular information collection for ACAPS to fill the position below:
POSITION : Information Analyst
Purpose of the Position
- The Information Analyst reports to the ACAPS Operations Manager in Geneva and to NRC in Maiduguri.
- Information Analyst will be tasked with liaising with key stakeholders in Nigeria to collect information on humanitarian needs, gaps and other information relevant to the situation in Nigeria.
- The information that will be collected will be used to inform weekly production of Global Emergency Overview (GEO) and regularly produced Briefing Notes on Nigeria. The position will be hosted with the Norwegian Refugee Council.
Roles and Responsibilities
Develop and maintain a strong network of humanitarian partners and other stakeholders working on the response in Nigeria to:
- Support coordination of efforts on building a more comprehensive picture of the situation
- Develop, promote and contribute to a more comprehensive picture of the situation
- Improve exchange of information, identify information needs, and access primary and secondary data sources
- Promote joint approaches and information sharing for needs and situation analyses.
- Collect and analyse data
- Identify further organisations/opportunities for collaboration on analysis
- Participate in operational meetings to collect information on humanitarian situation in Nigeria. Regularly produced meeting notes will be shared with ACAPS in Geneva, as a way providing the information.
- Collect information and reports from bilateral meetings with humanitarian stakeholders, including from the UN, INGOs, Red Cross, NGOs and other sources
- Review the draft reports produced by ACAPS team in Geneva, ensuring accuracy of information and analysis and that all issues of relevance was incorporated in these products.
- Contribute to the joint analysis and the production of high quality ACAPS analytical products.
- Support information resources management; collect, gather and store information in the project filing system (Dropbox…), filling in project-specific database, and maintains an archive of all documents and data collected.
- Prioritise the focus of the search for information identified as greatest gaps, in coordination with team members in Geneva
- Coordinate with other team members, ensuring information sharing, task division and planning of products.
- Liaise with sectorial experts, ensures that information needs are covered and if the adequate analysis and accuracy of the data
- Other activities as requested.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: email@example.com