Job Vacancy at Johns Hopkins University on 2016
Johns Hopkins University – The Center for Communication Programs (CCP) was established over 25 years ago in recognition of the pivotal role communication plays in the way people think and behave about health and development issues. We are a Center within the Department of Health, Behavior and Society at the Bloomberg School of Public Health. CCP has active programs in more than 30 countries worldwide as well as in the U.S.
The Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health Center for Communication Programs (JHU-CCP) seeks for experienced and qualified candidates to work for the position below:
POSITION : HC3 Nigeria Senior Technical Advisor – Family Planning
- The HC3 Nigeria Senior Technical Advisor – Family Planning will provide assistance to programmatic, advocacy, SBCC, community engagement and M&E technical inputs to all aspects of the family planning program.
- She/he will report directly to the HC3 Nigeria Deputy Director – Family Planning and work in close consultation on technical programmatic, SBCC and M&E issues with the HC3 Nigeria Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In addition to the overall technical inputs to the project described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist Deputy Director with the development and implementation of the Advocacy, Demand Generation and Service Provider components of the project, as assigned.
- Coordinate closely with the HC3 Nigeria Team and NURHI staff
- Assist with the establishment and maintenance of effective relationships with health partners, implementing partners, Federal and State MOHs and other key stakeholders, with guidance from and in collaboration with the Deputy Director and Chief of Party.
- Provide extensive technical assistance to each state team.
- Assist with the development and writing of timely program reports on a quarterly and annual basis and disseminate program success stories, and other reporting duties as assigned.
- Assist with design and oversee implementation of the project monitoring and evaluation system.
- The position will be based at the HC3 Office in Abuja, but is expected to spend a substantial amount of time (approximately 30-40%) at the NURHI Office when not travelling to the States to participate in weekly planning and consultative meetings, with NURHI.
- Travel to focal states is expected to he approximately 30% or more.
- Perform job duties/responsibilities in support of CCP’s Mission and Values, as appropriate.
- Other duties as necessary.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities at this time. With project expansion this status may change over time.
Education and/or Experience
- Master’s Degree or higher in a relevant field (Public Health, Social Science, Humanities, other).
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience on Family Planning or related Reproductive Health programs in Nigeria. SBCC and/or Community Mobilization expertise highly valued.
- Must be fluent in English, and given the geographic focus of the project, Hausa and/or Igho is highly desirable.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should follow the instructions exactly below to apply:
- Your Cover letter should include the following:
- Address the education/experience and language skills requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary.
- Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
- A table with the following information regarding your language skills. Scoring:
- 1 = Elementary skills, 2 = Limited working proficiency, 3 = General Professional
- proficiency, 4 = Advanced Professional proficiency, 5 = Functional Native proficiency
|Language||Oral (Score of 1-5)||Written (Score 1-5)|
- Email your cover letter and curriculum vitae (CV) as one PDF document to:email@example.com
- CV and cover letter PDF file name be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: USMAN SEGUN).
- The subject line of your email should be “HC3 Nigeria Senior Technical Advisor Family Planning Abuja”.
- Do not include any additional certificates or documentation.
- Any submission that do not follow the instructions exactly will be discarded without review
- Language skills will be tested during interview for shortlisted candidates.