Job Vacancy for Women’s Center Case Worker at International Medical Corps on 2016
International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations. International Medical Corps has been operating in Nigeria since November 2013. It currently has its country office in Abuja and field offices in Kano, Sokoto and Maiduguri where it is implementing emergency Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) projects, building capacity of local health systems and structures, ensuring the provision of quality, accessible Nutrition and Health Care for Children under five years of age. International Medical Corps is therefore looking for a suitable candidate to fill the below position of Women’s Center Case Worker to be based in its Maiduguri office: POSITION : Women’s Center Case Worker Job Summary
- The Women’s Center Case Worker will be responsible for case management and psychosocial support of vulnerable women, including survivors of violence, in one of the project sites in Maiduguri
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Support Volunteers to conduct community outreach and provide basic emotional support and referrals to survivors
- Provide direct, one-on-one and ongoing case management services, including safety planning
- Provide direct, one-on-one emotional support to survivors throughout case management process
- Provide referrals for survivors to other services, including accompaniment of survivors where appropriate
- Ensure survivor-centered services, including adherence to guiding principles
- Complete and maintain case management records to
- Participate in case review meetings
- Submit case management reports
- Contribute to a positive team environment
- Practice self-care
- Maintain confidentiality and ethical conduct
Education, Knowledge and Experience
- University degree or HND preferably in Social Science
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to helping others.
- Demonstrated discretion and good judgment
- Experience working with survivors of GBV an asset
- Ability to speak Hausa language required
- Previous training/experience in GBV programming an asset
How to Apply Interested and qualified candiates should send their Applications to the “Human Resource Officer, International Medical Corps” via the email:firstname.lastname@example.org Note
- This is a woman-only position. Qualified women applicants are encouraged to apply
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates MUST state the position that they are applying for as the subject of their email, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document.