Jobs at International Medical Corps (IMC) on 2016 – 2 slots
International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations.
POSITION : Driver
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Keeps IMC vehicles in a good state/condition and responsible for regular checks up in line with IMC policy and procedures
- Checks daily schedule of his assignment and makes sure that the vehicle is ready before departure time
- Responsible for loading and unloading of the vehicle.
- Ensure that there is adequate petrol/diesel in the vehicle at all times and within minimum level
- Accurately records of fuel consumption at all times
- Ensures vehicle is clean at all times
- Reports to the office through appropriate protocols if there are problems noted with respect to any of IMC official vehicles
- Gives sufficient information to technician on defects or mechanical problems on IMC vehicles
- Responsible for ensuring that vehicle tools and the spare parts, like spare tyres, high-lift jack, fire extinguishers etc are available, in good condition and inside the vehicle at all times
- Drives official vehicles according to the road safety regulations and local laws.
- Adhere to IMC security protocols at all times, including government security related laws such as curfews etc in the communities or states where IMC operates
- Makes sure that there is health kit (First-Aid kit) in the car at all times with adequate contents
Education, Experience and Skills
- Minimum of Secondary School level education. HND or OND is an added advantage
- 2-5 years’ experience as a driver.
- NGO experience required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Experience in vehicle log keeping
- Excellent communication and customer relations skills
- Ability to coordinate with others and work under pressure of tight and conflicting deadlines and handle concurrent activities
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with analytic approach
- Ability to read, write, and speak basic English language.
- Ability to present information and respond appropriately to questions.
- Ability to speak Hausa/Kanuri is required but not mandatory
- Must be able to travel long distance when required.
- Must be able to work in austere environments and lift, minimum, 45 pounds
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application letter and Curriculum Vitae in a single Microsoft Word Document to the “Human Resource Officer, International Medical Corps” via the email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates MUST state the position that they are applying for as the subject of their email, otherwise applications will not be considered
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted