Jobs as IP Planning Engineer Needed at MainOne Cable on 2016
“MainOne” also known as “Main One Cable” or “Main One” is a leading provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions for businesses in West Africa.
Since its launch in 2010, MainOne has developed a reputation for highly reliable services to become the preferred provider of wholesale Internet services to major telecom operators, ISPs, government agencies, large enterprises, and educational institutions in West Africa.
MainOne’s world class submarine cable system running down the coast of West Africa, state of the art IP NGN network, growing regional and metro terrestrial fiber optic networks, and data center facilities enable broadband services for businesses needing online connectivity solutions in West Africa.
Our network is interconnected and peers with leading operators and internet exchanges worldwide to provide global reach to our customers.
POSITION : IP Planning Engineer
- The IP Planning Engineer will be responsible for ensuring high availability in the Core of the Main One IP network through the implementation of appropriate IP based-services in partnership with technology partner companies.
- Implement configuration of network routers and switches to meet specified high-availability requirement.
- Provide IP/MPLS services’ implementation covering the installations, testing & handover of internal and external projects
- Perform corrective maintenance for IP/MPLS network.
- Generate standard project documentation including detailed test plan for highly complex networks
- Ensure all third party application IP support contracts are active and functional.
- Troubleshoot problems with network and security infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, proxy servers and make corrective actions when necessary
- Ensure Capacity utilization is monitored and growth is projected
- Ensure IP resources are monitored and sparing is maintained
- You will be required to work closely with the IP Operations team, as well as the Product Development and the rest of the Commercial team.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor’s of Science in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience required
- Hands on experience configuring Cisco, Huawei and/or Juniper routers
- Relevant certifications, preferably CCNA, CCNP and CCIP certifications.
- Good knowledge of networking technologies – TCP/IP, BGP, DNS, VPNs, Firewalls, Proxy etc.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Time management and personal effectiveness skills
- Relationship management
- Team work
Demand on the Job
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Reliability, rigour, team-spirit, service oriented and initiative in the execution of the assigned work.