Jobs Opportunity at Winrock International on 2016
Winrock International is seeking a consultant to provide training and capacity building for Energy Auditing and Management. The project is focused on the development and financing of renewable energy (RE) and energy efficiency (EE) markets; strengthening of the current policy and regulatory environment for public and private sector investment; and development and enhancement of the capacity of key stakeholders, including financial institutions, RE and EE firms, agribusinesses and health care facilities, universities and vocational institutes, and government.
POSITION : Consultant for Small Energy Audit and Management Training
The consultant will provide training and capacity building services in support of Winrock’s collaboration with GIZ for the Nigerian Energy Support Platform. The Consultant will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and providing inputs and detailed comments on Energy Audit and Management training materials (already developed) at agreed upon deadlines
- Preparation for the delivery of training materials to a target audience
- Delivery of 20-day training located in Nigeria
- Other tasks, as necessary
- The consultant will be provided all training materials that have been developed by Winrock and GIZ on Energy Audit and Management. The consultant will:
- Review all materials provided
- Provide inputs, comments and detailed feedback on the appropriateness of the training curricula and materials
- Work with other training partners on any needed revisions of the materials
- The consultant will adequately prepare to deliver training in advance of the agreed upon travel date
- The consultant will travel to Nigeria to deliver the20-day workshop style training to local technical stakeholders
- The consultant will provide notes and a brief final report on consultancy.
- The assignment will be a combination of both desk research and field implementation conducted in Nigeria. Travel within Nigeria for a 4 week period is envisaged.
Seeking an engineer, preferably electrical, mechanical or industrial with:
- 12 years of experience as an energy efficiency practitioner in technical advisory roles
- Demonstrated abilities and track record in energy audits under use of related assessment tools, extending to documentation with proficiency in the following areas:
- ISO 50001, 50002
- Management cycle and audit process
- Application of related concepts, methods
- Assessment of industrial thermal and electrical processes
- Assessment of and building facilities
- Process performance assessment
- Monitoring and verification
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work at the highest ethical standards at all times
- Experience in training delivery and/or training material development
- Developing country experience in the context of energy management
- Experience with USAID and/or other international program management will be an added advantage.
- A professional qualification is desirable.
- High Information Technology literacy.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
The duration of the engagement is for a 6 week period, beginning January 1, 2017. The consultant will be compensated for up to 30 days of LOE over the contract. It is expected that the consultant will spend 5-7 days reviewing and commenting on the training materials, 20 days traveling and conducting the training, and 2 day collecting notes and finalizing the terminal report.