Jobs Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria (AUN) on 2016
The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2003. The institution was conceived as Africa’s first Development University. Its mission is to pioneer service learning and build leaders who will be prepared to tackle societal concerns. Located in Yola, Adamawa State, the University is a world-class career-oriented institution missioned to be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a strong commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential to solving the continent’s critical social and economic problems.
POSITION : Software Support Engineer
Summary of Position
- The position is charged with the responsibility of supporting all information systems deployed at AUN through all planning, development and operation phases.
- Monitors, analyses, and solves application service requests. Installs, modifies, upgrades, and optimizes information systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Software Engineering, or a related field as well as two (2) years’ experience of User support (hardware or software or both).
- Demonstrate an understanding of the issues relevant to OpenERP software modules including Finance, Admissions, Faculty, Students, HR, Library, and Works & Maintenance.
- SQL Server databases, SQL, PostgreSQL, etc
- Windows OS, Windows Server, LINUX (UBUNTU), UNIX
- Web Administration knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of AUN supported applications
- Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Ability to work cooperatively with a team to achieve results within set deadlines.
- Set and convey clear goals and monitor progress.
- Must possess the intellectual capacity to break down a problem or situation into its component parts, identifying implications, timeframes and sequences.
- Ability to easily establish and build relationships with all stakeholders.
- Good management skills. Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and business terms.
- Must possess high level of enthusiasm and be a strong team player.
- Attention to quality and detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and on weekends to deliver time-sensitive projects.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of this publication. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.