Jobs as Syndications Officer at The International Financial Corporation (IFC) on 2016
The International Financial Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our six decades of experience to create opportunity where it is needed most. In FY15, our long-term investments in developing countries rose to nearly $18 billion, leveraging our capital, expertise and influence to help the private sector end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
In 2015, the World Bank Group launched a recruitment mission to attract Sub Saharan African professionals to its work force. The initiative was the first of its kind for the institution and resulted in numerous hires into business areas such as Education, Health, Development Economics, Information Technology Systems, Social Urban/Rural & Resilience and Governance. The World Bank Group continues its commitment to hiring Sub-Saharan African professionals and announces its latest recruitment mission to again attract highly qualified Sub-Saharan African professionals who are looking for an exciting career, where their effort will contribute to the institution’s goal of ending extreme poverty and promoting shared prosperity.
POSITION : (Associate) Syndications Officer
The Syndicated Loans and Management Department is responsible for raising external funds for IFC clients through the B Loan program, Parallel Loans and the Managed Co-Lending Portfolio Program (MCPP). The department is also responsible for the ongoing portfolio management work for all such transactions.
The (Associate) Syndications Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Follow international lending markets and banking activities to understand and anticipate trends and regularly and proactively share market information with IFC colleagues
- Conduct industry and bank market research and pricing data analysis, including secondary market pricing; prepare regular pricing reports for syndicated loans
- Conduct deal-specific market soundings to advise IFC project team on deal structure and pricing; develop list of prospective banks and syndication strategy for individual syndications
- Review company, economic and financial information and legal documentation for new transactions
- Prepare information memoranda, executive summaries and other reports for the bank market in collaboration with relevant Investment Department
- Active involvement in the syndication of IFC B Loans, parallel loans and MCPP loans, and IFC A Loan participations in the secondary market
- Manage assigned syndicated loan portfolio by providing high-quality service to B Loan participants/parallel lenders/MCPP investors on ongoing project work (amendments, waivers, restructurings, information transmission on key developments, responding to inquiries)
- Ensure contractual responsibilities with B Loan participants/parallel lenders/MCPP investors are being met while at the same time managing these syndicated loan portfolio relationships
- Distribute marketing information to prospective B Loan participants and parallel lenders, and organize and attend roadshows for individual syndications
- Develop and maintain relationships with international, regional and local commercial banks, IFIs and other existing/potential B Loan Participants and parallel lenders, and increasingly institutional investors.
- MBA or equivalent Master’s level degree in Finance
- At least five years of relevant work experience, preferably with a leading international bank or other financial institution in emerging markets, and including broad exposure to corporate & project finance, capital markets and the syndicated loan market
- Understanding of international commercial bank market and main financial products, including loans, swaps and CDS
- Experience with loan documentation and credit issues
- Experience with market intelligence research tools including Dealogic – Loan Analytics, Bloomberg and market publications and bookrunning platforms such as Debt Domain, Intralinks and Syndtrak
- Proactive, resourceful and self-motivated
- Strong team player, with demonstrated capacity for hard work
- Able to manage multiple tasks concurrently, prioritize effectively and adhere to deadlines while always paying attention to details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and strong editing skills.
End of July – September 2016 – Review applications and update application status to candidates
August – September 2016 – Contact all shortlisted candidates and conduct interviews in Washington, D.C. and locations in Africa
- Shortlisted candidates may be contacted as early as August 2016 for interviews which may be conducted in Washington, D.C. or locations in Africa. Interviews will be conducted through September 2016. Based on the availability of interviewers and candidates some interviews may be conducted virtually.
- Candidates who have previously submitted applications through the Recruitment Drive for African Nationals in 2015 must submit a new application to be considered for opportunities in this year’s campaign. We apologize that we are unable to consider previously submitted applications.