Latest Accounting Vacancy at The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture on 2017
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
POSITION : Accountant
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Report and check charges on OPD
- Follow up on issued cheques and direct transfer charged to oracle;
- Check audit report, House Account, City ledger and outstanding credits
- Monitor sales forecast and conduct reconciliation of clients/long term guests accounts;
- Coordinate group events and verification of pro-forma invoice with actual transaction;
- Analyze long term guest bill;
- Submit monthly report based on Hotsoft report;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- HND/B.Sc in Accounting, Banking & Finance or related field with 2 years’ experience performing same role.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be a good team player.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Be computer literate.