Latest Administrative Assistants at FHI 360 on 2016 – 3 slots
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Administrative Assistant (Dikwa LGA)
Administrative Assistant (Bama LGA)
Administrative Assistant (Banki LGA)
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance.
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity. FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection interventions
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the Procurement and Logistics Manager, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the provision of administrative and logistical services to the project, as well as some accounting and procurement support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the PLM in arranging travel logistics for project staff, consultants and training participants including hotel reservations and where required, arranging airport and hotel pick-ups.
- Assists the PLM in arranging logistics for procurement deliveries.
- Assists the PLM by preparing procurement request forms.
- Assists the PLM in the provision of logistic support for workshops and trainings.
- Assists the PLM in the maintenance of an efficient records/storage of all office supplies.
- Serves as point of contact for logistical and administrative needs in the office.
- Records minutes of staff meetings and circulates same amongst the staff of the zone.
- Assists with production of presentation materials for staff members.
- Act as a receptionist: answers the telephones in an appropriate, clear and friendly manner, takes and relays messages or forwards calls, greets and directs office visitors, receives/sends correspondence, keeps fax log and any correspondence.
- Perform office equipment tasks such as making needed arrangement for services for telephone and e-mail, obtaining quotations for required services, arranging for repairs of office equipment.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or recognized equivalent
- Experience with administrative and secretarial skills
- Accounting skills is an added advantage
- Experience with large complex organization is required, familiarity with international NGOs preferred