Latest Career Opportunity at African Development Bank on 2016
African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative interventions that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In addition to providing finance, the Bank is Africa’s voice on global economic, financial and development issues, a role that has taken significant importance in light of increasing global integration and interconnected risks.
POSITION : Short Term Contractor – STS (Temporary)
- Occasionally, the Bank offers limited opportunities to recruit its short term service staff (STS) for administrative support in the following areas: Secretarial duties, IT, Communication, Law, Finance, Accountancy, Economics, Medical, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Director, a Manager or a team member, the incumbent will carry out the following duties:
- Organize and manage the office of the Director, the Manager or a team member.
- Manage the office’s document processing, filing and tracking system.
- Assist in managing and maintaining the Director or Manager’s diary and email.
- Screen mails, emails and telephone calls, highlight urgent and priority matters requiring the Manager or Director’s attention, and direct incoming visitors.
- Draft, type and dispatch memoranda, acknowledgement notes and responses to messages, and follow-up with relevant members of the office team.
- Proofread routine documents prepared for the Manager or Director’s attention and signature, in consultation with relevant members of the office team.
- Schedule meetings between the Manager and the Director and key stakeholders within and outside the Bank as well as compile relevant documentation and briefings.
- Compile appointments, invitations and other requests for meetings.
- Organize travel and accommodation arrangements and prepare the work program and the working documents for missions.
- Make necessary arrangements for visitors.
- Provide administrative support, including preparation of administrative forms and processing of requests in SAP.
- Provide any other administrative support or service.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Have at least a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in the following area of competence: Office management, Legal, Finance, Accounting, Administration, IT or any other related discipline.
- Have a minimum of four (4) years relevant experience in the fields of expertise concerned.
- Experience in international organizations will be an asset.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Strong customer service skills, ability to multitask, attention to detail and ability to work with a diverse workforce.
- Sociable personality that facilitates good interaction in a team.
- Strong proactive “can-do” approach. Applicants must have the ability, energy and appropriate demeanor to take initiative and plan and carry out necessary tasks to ensure the office’s activities are successful.
- Excellent sense of initiative, confidentiality, enthusiasm, and team spirit.
- Ability to develop knowledge of rules and procedures would be an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English or French, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Projects); knowledge of SAP would be an added advantage.