Latest Career Opportunity at The Federal University of Technology on 2017
The Federal University of Technology, Akure – The Motto of the University is, “Technology for Self reliance’ In choosing its motto, the University laid emphasis on its aim to contributing to national development and self-reliance through the advancement of science and technology.
POSITION : Vice-Chancellor
- There will be a vacancy for the post of the Vice-Chancellor of the Federal University of Technology, Akure with effect from 24th May, 2017 Consequently, the Governing Council of the University has decided to commence in earnest the due process for the appointment of a Vice-Chancellor in accordance with the provisions of the Universities of Technology Act as cited in Chapter F23 of the Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004, and University Act.
The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive and Chief Academic Officer of the University, ex-officio Chairman of the Senate and member of the Governing Council. Among his/her functions, the Vice-Chancellor shall:
- Be competent at all times to advise the Council on any matter affecting the policy, finance and administration of the University;
- Be generally responsible to the Council for maintaining the efficiency and good order of the University and for ensuring the proper enforcement of the statutes, ordinances and regulations;
- Be responsible for discipline in the University; and
- S/He may exercise such powers as may be necessary or expedient for that purpose.
- The person for the post of Vice-Chancellor of FUTA is required to possess a good First Degree from a recognized University and should be a proven manager of human and material resources.
Qualities and Qualifications
The applicant for the post of Vice-Chancellor of the Federal University of Technology, Akure, must possess the following qualities and qualifications:
- Be a highly distinguished scholar of the rank of professor of not less than ten (10) years’ experience on that rank in an institution of high reputation, with ability to provide academic and administrative leadership to the University Community.
- Has extensive and deep experience in all facets of University administration and must be digitally literate.
- Be a person who, judging from his/her track records, can command respect both nationally and internationally in the academic sphere as well as have a track record of consistent and inspiring leadership.
- Must possess a doctorate degree (Ph.D) with a minimum of twenty (20) scholarly publications in reputable journals as at the time of appointment as a professor and evidence of scholarly publication in the last three years.
- Be on a high pedestal of moral authority, of impeccable character and unassailable integrity, free from financial embarrassment and enjoy excellent physical and mental health.
- Has specialized skills in a course that is relevant to the teaching and research mandate of the Federal University of Technology, Akure.
- Has administrative and research experience for a sustainable realization of the mandate and mission of a specialized University of Technology
- Be a person who is not likely to pursue racial, ethnic, political, religious or sectional interests.
- Possesses drive and ability to attract much needed funds and mobilize other resources for the development of the University.
- Has demonstrable ability to establish and maintain partnership with local and international institutions, governmental and nongovernmental agencies.
- Be a person who would not be older than 65 years on May 24, 2017 when the post is scheduled to be occupied.
Condition of Service
The Vice-Chancellor will, in line with the Federal Universities of Technology Act, hold office for a single term of five(5) years only.
How Tpo Apply
Interested applicants are requested to note and comply with the following conditions:
- Each application should be accompanied by 35 copies of the applicant’s detailed “Curriculum Vitae” duly signed and dated by the applicant.
- The Curriculum Vitae must contain the candidate’s name in full,
- Place and date of birth,
- Marital status,
- Number and ages of children,
- Nationality academic qualifications – degrees with classes (copies of certificates to be enclosed),
- Teaching, Research, Administrative and Managerial experience,
- Academic distinctions,
- Membership of academic and professional bodies and scholarly publication.
- Statement of the candidate’s own vision for The Federal University of Technology, Akure as a University of the 21st century (35 copies);
- Candidate must nominate (3) referees who MUST forward references on him/her directly to the Registrar and Secretary to Council; such references should be able to attest to the candidate’s claims to high academic and managerial capability as well as his//her moral standing; such references must be received and signed for in the Office of the Registrar on or before 16 Hours, Wednesday, 4th January, 2017. For candidates who are ‘searched’, references must be received and signed for in the Office of the Registrar on or before 16 hours, Friday, 27th January, 2017.
- All short-listed candidates shall be required to make themselves available for interaction at an appointed date.
- (Click Here for detailed format of the FUTA curriculum vitae.)
Applications are to be submitted under confidential cover in envelopes marked at the Upper Left Hand Corner “Post of Vice-Chancellor, FUTA”, to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Federal University of Technology,
Note: For candidates who are ‘searched’, applications must be received and signed for in the Office of the Registrar not later than Friday, 27/01 2017.