Latest Career Opportunity at WTS Energy on 2016
WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
POSITION : Piping/Structural Works Foreman
Rotation: 4 weeks on followed by 4 weeks off
Purpose & Main Responsibilies
- Responsible for management of a team of skilled technicians providing support services for planned and unplanned Site Piping activities
- Responsible for the health, safety and welfare of his team.
- Ensures that COMPANY’s HSE regulations are respected (especially procedures related to works permits) as well as approved operating procedures and standard industry practice during performance on scaffolding operations placed under his responsibility
- Key interface with Company Supervision to assist with the successful provision of support services to all site operations, monitoring performance compliance and reporting on progress.
- Manages day to day activities within his specific discipline
- Provides technical knowledge, expertise and supervision for welding, cutting and rigging
- Verifies that all procedures, specifications and standards are followed
- Ensures works preparation before site works performance (survey, isometrics verifications, materials/tools preparation/supplies, access, lifting, prefabrications, logistics)
- Follows performance of works on site (respect of specification and best practices)
- Responsible of QA/QC for his discipline
- Inspects the performed works or follows inspection done by COMPANY
- Manages interventions using the CMMS and check intervention reports in this CMMS and write the technical reports related to his activity field
- Assists the planning team by giving any technical support for preparation of the jobs in his discipline
- In charge to manage, monitor and maintain the welding products & materials stored on site and ensures that all of these products & materials are in good conditions and free from defects – Replaces the unusable materials
- Ensures that the operations planned work scope is managed effectively in accordance with agreed targets to avoid disruption.
- Manages the specific team of technicians (welders, fitters, riggers) within your discipline. If requested, identify additional resources
- Ensures that day to day requirements are met with regards Scope, Tool and means and onsite risk assessments.
- Undertakes any other duties which may be required (within individuals Competency) to ensure in the smooth running of the operation.
- Ensures that all daily, weekly and monthly reports are completed as required.
- Ensures that plant, equipment and materials stocks are monitored, and all required certification is in place.
- Ensures that any faulty or damaged equipment is quarantined and details are reported
- Where required, assists with methods support and return information to the relevant representative.
- Identifies present and potential problems, reports and discuss and proposes solutions/alternatives
- Ensures awareness with KPI requirements
- Ensure that all members of the team are focused on delivery of HSE and Quality plans.
- Ensures that all workers have the relevant qualifications and certificates to performed the required works through a specific register (with qualification matrix and relevant certificates dedicated to each workers)
- Plays a predominant role in the transfer of skills to personnel undergoing training by mentoring on site.
- When existing in charge to manage the dedicated piping workshop (cleaning, materials/tools states , welding products/consumables storage, personnel individual means, protection)
The holder of this position must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor/ College Degree
- At least 5 to 10 years of experience in manufacturing, fabrication, welding and cutting
- Experience in oil and gas or related industry to have knowledge of the specific environment linked to HSE aspects
- Experience and knowledge of metallurgy, welding procedure & specifications, and QA/QC related to his discipline
- Specific professional knowledge: CMMS : SAP/R3
- Ability to work in a large multinational team
- Ability to work independently while maintaining good relations with colleagues and others
- Physical ability to work on offshore installations in the climatic conditions of the site
- Working language: English mandatory, French is an advantage
Will be paid on a daily rate.