Latest Community Care Officers at Management Sciences for Health on 2017
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services.
POSITION : Community Care Officer
- The objective of the Community Care Officer position is to manage the MSH CaTSS care and support portfolio including HIV sexual prevention, OVC services in a manner that strengthens linkage and synergy between community-based and clinical facility-based services; in partnership with the state government, other implementing partners and the community itself.
- Together with CaTSS headquarter and State Staff, spearhead the effective and efficient implementation of the HIV sexual prevention, Care and Support services, OVC provided under the CaTSS project.
- Member of the State Project Management Team that is responsible for overall project performance.
- Provide technical input in the development of an integrated State project plan in collaboration with the State Teams.
- Together with the Clinical Care Specialist, take lead in the establishment of comprehensive HIV/AIDS and TB care and treatment services.
- Strongly advocate to LGA and community leaders for implementation of OVC, care and support services and HIV sexual prevention programs in target LGAs.
- Provide technical support on HIV sexual prevention programming, care and support including HTC, Adherence support systems, and client retention strategies to the implementing health facilities and community based organisations.
- In collaboration with the SCMS, monitor stock levels of Prevention, Care and Support commodities and drugs in the State and ensure timely procurement and distribution.
- Liaise with the M&E team to ensure functional monitoring, evaluation and reporting of HIV sexual prevention program, care and support/OVC services as required in the project PMP.
- Ensure timely and coordinated relevant technical support to all implementing health facilities and grantee CSOs.
- Represent MSH LMS-ACT project at the LGA level on matters of HIV Prevention, OVC and care and support.
- Network with LGA, grantee CSO and community partners in the LGA to establish a functional referral system for clients between clinical and community-based HIV/AIDS services.
- Document programmatic achievements and keep the State Team Leader informed on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Be part of the State capacity building and supervisory team ensuring quality HIV sexual prevention program, OVC, care and support services are delivered.
- Participate in activities to scale-up sexual prevention interventions to target communities
Qualifications and Experience
- Nurse with a graduate Degree in a Public Health, Social Worker with a graduate degree and extensive experience working with PLWHA may be considered.
- Experience in HIV Sexual prevention programming and working with key populations, preferably in Nigeria.
- Significant experience in HIV/AIDS Programs with a focus on HIV Care and Support, OVC in resource poor settings in Africa, preferably Nigeria.
- Experience working with CSOs and community structures as well as managing, and supervising health workers.
- Experience with HIV/AIDS programs supported by bilateral agencies such as USAID and international agencies such as WHO and World Bank preferred, particularly those related to sub granting to CSOs, HIV Testing and Counseling, treatment adherence and provision for orphans and vulnerable children.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English.