Latest Finance & Admin Director at Jhpiego(an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University) on 2016
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families. In collaboration with some it’s partners. Save the Children International (SCI), Pediatric Association of Nigeria (PAN), Nigeria Society of Neonatal Medicine (NISONM). Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics of Nigeria (SOGON) and National Association of Nigerian Nurses and Midwives (NANNM), will be implementing a USAID funded global cooperative agreement called the Maternal and Child Survival Program (MCSP). The program’s goal is to contribute significantly to ending preventable maternal and child deaths (EPMCD) in Nigeria. The five year project which started in October 2014 will end in September 2019 and will be implemented in Kogi and Ebonyi States of Nigeria.
POSITION : Finance and Administration Director
- The Finance and Administration Director will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of financial management, including financial systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting, for a CDC-funded HIV prevention, care and treatment (comprehensive services) project in Nigeria.
- The Finance and Administration Director will work closely with key program staff to ensure accurate financial, contractual and administrative reporting of the project.
- The Finance and Administration Director will ensure that financial reports are compatible with standard accounting practices and follow Jhpiego and US government (including PEPFAR) rules and regulations.
- The position will also be responsible for ensuring cost consciousness, efficient spending and for implementing and maintaining an on-site financial accounting and bookkeeping system required to assure the integrity and effective performance of the project’s financial operations.
- The Finance and Administration Director will oversee day-to-day coordination of financial activities for the HIV program, and manages all sub-grants, ensuring compliance and reporting of sub-awardees. Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Oversee all financial planning, budgeting and reporting for the project.
- Provide guidance to Country Director and Project Director regarding the financial requirements of the project and office operations.
- Prepare accurate budgets, track expenses, ensure that required financial controls and cost-performance monitoring mechanisms are in place and adhered to, prevent over or under expenditure of budgets, ensure proper safeguards of funds and ensure compliance with established USG and headquarters’ financial, accounting and administrative procedures.
- Review, reconcile and monitor all project accounts, including operating accounts and petty cash operations involving cash advances.
- Determine updated monthly project accruals and projections to support forecasting accuracy and program completion, as required.
- Provide guidance, monitoring and support to project team, including procurement for goods and services, logistical support for local and international travel for staff and consultants, financial oversight of local sub-grantees (as needed) and maintenance of office inventory
- Provide guidance and support for contracts development and management
- Provide financial capacity-building for local grantees
- Maintain and administer project financial accounting system.
- Prepare the monthly financial report by using adapted finance software (QuickBooks).
- Use various software applications such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphic packages to assemble, manipulate, and format data and/or reports.
- Implement and oversee a detailed financial reporting and reimbursement process in accordance with Jhpiego’s established financial system.
- Make in-country budget adjustments and other cost improvement measures, as required.
- Manage the effective utilization of projects financial management system to ensure accurate budgets, tracking of expenses, required financial controls are in place and adhered to, prevents over-expenditure of budgets, ensures proper safeguards of funds, and ensures compliance with established donor, Johns Hopkins University and Jhpiego financial and accounting procedures.
- Review, reconcile and monitor all accounts, including major project operating accounts and petty cash operations involving cash advances.
- Collaborate with the Country Director and Project Director to assist program staff in developing work plans and annual budgets for program activities and local office costs.
- Review and administer sub-agreements, monitor grants payments and the compliance to award terms and conditions
- Ensure that donor resources are appropriately directed to program priorities and are in line with program work plans.
- Contribute to program team in developing work plans and annual budgets for program activities and local office costs.
- Manage all sub-grants to local grantees ensuring sub-awardees’ compliance and reporting
- Serve as a resource person for non-finance staff on USG, JHU and Jhpiego rules and policy.
- Provide oversight to project finance officers.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or other relevant field to the position requirements.
- At least eight years of experience in financial management for large complex projects, of which at least five years were working in the field of international development.
- Demonstrated experience in administrative and financial management of international programs larger than US $5 million per year
- Seven or more years of senior-level work experience with USG (CDC, USAID) or other donors
- Knowledge of USG cost principles, including USAID regulations, GAAP accounting rules PEPFAR expenditure analysis reports and contract management
- Conversant with CDC and PEPFAR financial guidelines/regulations
- Familiarity with USG policies and administrative procedures
- Expert knowledge Proficiency in the use of financial software applications (QuickBooks), databases, spreadsheets, and/or word processing. Packages include: Microsoft Outlook, Access, Excel and Word.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Ability to travel unrestricted within Nigeria and internationally.
All staff members of Jhpiego, regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to:
- Model the mission and values stated above.
- Participate in the business development processes.
- Contribute to the knowledge sharing and transfer process.
- Make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment and clear accountability.
- Participate in multiple teams, adopt team spirit, rake responsibility for action items assigned and provide feedback as needed.
- Multitask, be able to manage competing priorities and be able to prioritize in order to meet program and/or organizational objectives.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit an Application letter and a CV as one single word document to: email@example.com The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you have applied for.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an Interview. Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.