Latest Job Opening at The African Development Bank (the Bank) on 2016
The African Development Bank (the Bank) is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative interventions that will significantly reduce poverty, through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. It is Africa’s voice on global economic, financial and development issues. The Bank will focus its investments around five priority areas, High 5’s: light up and power Africa; feed Africa; industrialize Africa; integrate Africa; and improve the quality of life for the people of Africa. The Bank is building a world-class senior management team that will lead the successful implementation of this vision.â€‹
POSITION : Vice President, Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization Development
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Duties and Responsibilities
- â€‹The Vice President, Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization (VP, PSII) will accelerate investments in critical infrastructure and will champion and create the conditions for rapid industrialization.
- S/he will support countries to improve their business and investment environments; to drive private sector development; to enhance manufacturing capacity and participation in global value-chains; and to develop and promote intra-regional trade. â€‹
- The VP, PSII will bring senior leadership experience in the private sector with a deep knowledge of infrastructure and financial market development in Africa.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- This role reports to the President and requires a minimum of 15 years of proven leadership and relevant experience; an advanced degree in a related field of study is also required.
- Fluency in English and/or French, with a working knowledge of the other language is required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a full CV together with a supporting statement of no more than two sides of A4, briefly highlighting your experience and skills against the requirements of the role, to: AFDB@russellreynolds.com Please quote the role title and assignment code P1605-011BL in the subject heading of the email.