Latest Job Opening for Associate Director, Prevention, Care & Treatment at FHI 360 on 2016
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
POSITION : Associate Director, Prevention, Care & Treatment
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner.
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- The Associate Director, Care & Treatment provides leadership and technical support to the Director, Prevention, Care & Treatment in the area of PMTCT, clinical care/ART and reproductive health.
- S/he coordinates services needed to implement high quality care PMTCT, HIV care and treatment and reproductive health/family planning services (RH/FP).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Director Prevention, Care & Treatment to provide technical leadership and technical support related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, PMTCT, Reproductive Health/Family Planning strategies and approaches at the facility level.
- With the Director Prevention, Care & Treatment and Zonal Senior Technical Officers, coordinate the design and implementation of HIV clinical care/ART, PMTCT, reproductive health/family planning strategies in field-level projects and programs.
- Provide technical assistance in HIV/AIDS clinical management and PMTCT capacity building to field programs.
- Develop guidelines, tools and recommendations related to the implementation, evaluation of clinical management of HIV/AIDS, PMTCT and RH/FP.
- Contribute to development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, PMTCT, RH/FP and apply these lessons to modify existing and improve the design of new programs.
- Represent FHI/Nigeria to donors and government officials on issues of clinical management of HIV/AIDS, PMTCT and RH/FP.
- Remain informed on current programs in the field of clinical management of HIV/AIDS and related development field by reviewing current literature and stay alert to any implication of such experience and research for department activities.
- Provide technical assistance in non-ART clinical care including the management of opportunistic infections (OI) and Palliative care capacity building to field programs.
- Develop concept papers and research papers to improve and or extend existing studies in the management of HIV/AIDS activities.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience with at least 5 years progressive experience working in the health or development field in Nigeria.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in care and treatment for HIV/AIDS especially with ARV program.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is required.
- Proven experience in project development, planning and facilitating technical training.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.