Latest Job Opening at LoftyInc Allied Partners on 2016
LoftyInc specializes in venture incubation & early stage funding in West Africa. We are involved in Business & Project Incubation. With offices in Lagos, Nigeria we focus on early stage companies and pre-funding stage projects where we add the most value. LoftyInc operates with the Africa Leadership Forum a major business incubation platform, Wennovation Hub, located in Ikeja Lagos .
POSITION : Corporate Business Manager
- The Corporate Business Manager will report directly to the Executive Management Team (EMT) to manage the day-to-day activities of headquarters operations including planning, organizing, leading, and controlling LoftyInc routine operational and business demands including accounting, compliance and human resource management.
- The individual will also be responsible for supporting the EMT in developing and implementing other activities of the headquarters including Fundraising, Media Relations & Communications, Partnerships, Projects as well as Recruiting.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The Corporate Business Manager will perform a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Oversee the day to day accounting and treasury roles including financial controller for the organization
- Manage the business needs of the two key locations of the business in Lagos and Ibadan
- Oversee daily schedule and deliverables of the internal staff of headquarter
- Manage critical operations like travel/logistics, procurement and administrative activities
- Oversee human resources issues and affairs including recruiting
- Review all spendings year to date, and put them in appropriate bucket with the goal of meeting year end audit requirements
- Review compliance gaps in accounting, VAT or pencom remittance and advise EMT on how to bridge them at minimal cost
- Develops financial control protocols for spendings out of all the corporate accounts
- Develops detailed personnel records/files for all Staff of LoftyInc, and implement performance assessment protocol to be implemented at year end for non-EMT staff
- Reviews payables and receivables- including about to gestate projects, and develops detailed cash flow plan for LoftyInc for EMT review and approval
- Develops understanding of the outstanding debts to shareholders, vendors etc and develops a pay-off plan in line with cash flow expectation
- Takes on responsibility for filing and updating all compliance records (working with necessary outside professionals) including – o Annual Audit Statement o CAC Annual Report o NSITF o ITF o Pencom o BPP o etc.
- Capture all vendor contracts and agreements, and develops procedure for future procurement and approvals for EMT approval.
Qualifications and Skills
- A relevant university diploma or degree in Accounting, and suitable certifications in Accounting/Finance. Certification in Human Resource/Personnel Management is a plus, otherwise candidate must be prepared to undergo training.
- Sufficient practice and knowledge of web 2.0 with strong IT
- Demonstrate strong project management skills
- Openness, creativity, leadership potentials
- Experience with managing people
- Intense activity on social media and virtual collaboration/communication tools
- Passion for openness, networking, and African technology development.
- Ability to be resourceful and to delegate
- High sense of organisation and self-discipline
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: This person will be based in the Lagos Headquarters for 6 months probation period. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.