Latest Job Opening at Plan International on 2016
Plan International is an independent child-centred international development organization committed to advancing the rights of children and fight against poverty. Plan has no religious, political and government affiliation. For over 78 years, we have supported girls and boys and their communities around the world to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights, free themselves from poverty and live positive fulfilling lives. Plan International currently works in 70 countries including Nigeria.
POSITION : Regional Lake Chad Programme Coordinator
Type of Role: 2 year fixed term contract
- Plan has been operating in Nigeria since 2014 helping poor children to access their rights to health, education, protection and livelihoods.
- The focus of this role is geared towards the crisis in the Lake Chad basin caused by the Islamist militant group Boko Haram.
- The role will support the coordination and implementation of the Lake Chad Programme Strategy in close collaboration with the three concerned Plan International country offices (Nigeria, Niger and Cameroon), the Regional Office in West and Central Africa and various National Organizations within the Federation of Plan International.
- Accountabilities will include facilitating staff exchange, cross border advocacy (i.e. on education curricula, birth certificates, children’s refugee status, unaccompanied/separated children – UASC), coordinating resource mobiliazation and providing regular updates on the programme status in the country offices.
- In order to succeed in this challenging and varied role you will be able to demonstrate experience of organizational representation and engagement with humanitarian donors, ideally within an emergency context.
- You will possess knowledge and understanding of INEE and CPIE minimum standards, Core Humanitarian Standards, SPHERE, NGO Code of Conduct and other relevant international standards for humanitarian response.
- You will have excellent communication and negotiation skills and be able to demonstrate leadership of local and international staff.
- Fluency in English is essential and French language skills and previous experience of working in the Lake Chad region is highly desirable.
Circa $50,000 USD per annum plus benefits
- Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
- Only applications and CVs written in English will be accepted.