Latest Job Opening at Mobilising for Development (M4D) on 2016 – 2 positions
Mobilising for Development (M4D) is a six-year DFID Nigeria funded Local Governance programme currently being implemented in 9 focal LGAs across 3 northern Nigeria states of Jigawa, Kaduna and Kano. The programme’s expected outcome is: ‘Policy makers and service providers are more responsive and accountable to citizens’ better articulated demands and entitlements, especially adolescent girls (AG) and people with disability (PWD). The programme works on both demand and supply-side governance reform: on the demand-side, it aims to strengthen citizens’ capacity to influence development, while on the supply-side, it aims to support LGAs’ ability to respond to citizens’ demand, whether it is in the form of responding to policy changes or request for improved service delivery.
POSITION : Community Development and Outreach Officer (CDOO)
The role of the Community Development Outreach Officer will be:
Demand side – This includes:
- Support the identification and engagement of wards, communities, and partner community based organizations and organizations of people with disabilities with whom M4D will work and build strong relationships
- Facilitate the generation of community needs which will be incorporated into the LGA Development Plan
- Support capacity building activities for partner CBOs (including Girls Platforms and PWDs) including mentoring them
- Support the delivery of grants by the CBOs
Supply Side – This includes:
- Support the identification and engagement of relevant policy makers and service providers at LGA level and develop strong working relationships with them
- Support capacity assessment and development of the capacity of relevant supply-side actors
- Support and promote engagement with demand-side actors
- Support the delivery of grants by the policy making bodies (LGAs)
- Support the identification of potential new and better-fit approaches that can be developed and piloted at local level
- Support specific innovative projects of M4D within LGAs
General – This includes:
- Support the generation of data and general information at LGA level
- Map and engage relevant stakeholders both formal and informal and maintain strong networks across demand-supply lines
- Act as local representatives of M4D, both communicating the programme clearly and providing feedback into M4D
- Provide technical assistance as directed by the SPM and LGC
Qualifications and Experience
- The minimum qualification required is a diploma but degree is desirable and with at least 1 year of relevant working experience. More important are the skills and competencies as reflected in the details of the position in website.
- All CDOOs will be stationed in the respective state LGA assigned and would be line managed by the Local Governance Coordinator (LGC).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should their Applications (stating clearly the position applied for), Cover letter, a two-page capability statement (addressing the criteria set out above) and an up-to-date CV to the Team Leader, M4D and via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated with.
- Interviews will be conducted the same week with successful candidates assuming their roles as soon as possible thereafter.
- Given M4D’s focus on marginalized groups, applications from women and people living with disabilities are especially encouraged.