Latest Job Vacancies at Michael Stevens Consulting on 2016 – 9 position
Michael Stevens Consulting – Our client is a group of companies; manufacturers of a range of carbonated drinks, pre-forms and covers and also the largest importer of plastic raw materials in Nigeria, with over 45 years business experience in Africa.
POSITION : Insurance Manager
- Candidates should have up to 8-12 years relevant experience.
- Must be a certified Insurance broker.
- They must already be performing similar functions in their current jobs.
POSITION : Financial Accountant
- Candidate is to possess up to 4-5 years of relevant industry experience.
- MUST be a chartered accountant and must have relevant financial background, and must have been exposed to haulage procedures in current or past work environment.
POSITION : Compliance Manager
Some responsibilities will include:
- Managing statutory compliance in the group companies (in matters such as Tax, Pension, NHF, etc.).
- Ensuring prompt remittance of statutory reports to be sent to CAC, FIRS, etc.
- Ensure SBU’s compliance with statutory regulations.
- Head Internal Audit processes.
- Candidate is to possess up to 5-8 years of relevant industry experience, must be a chartered accountant and must have relevant Auditing experience.
POSITION : Group Treasurer
- The Group Treasurer will be responsible for corporate liquidity, investments, and risk management related to the company’s financial activities.
- The ideal candidate will also be responsible for directing an organization’s budget, overseeing investment of funds, managing and limiting risks, supervising cash management activities, raising capital to support the firm’s expansion, and handling mergers and acquisitions.
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- Use hedging to mitigate financial risks related to the interest rates on the company’s borrowings, as well as on its foreign exchange positions
- Maintain banking relationships, Maintain credit rating agency relationships
- Arrange for equity and debt financing
- Monitor the activities of third parties handling outsourced treasury functions on behalf of the company
- Advise management on the liquidity aspects of its short- and long-range planning
- Oversee the extension of credit to customers
- Maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury activities
- Minimum of 10 years experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management (as necessary).
- Good financial analysis skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly
POSITION : Industrial Relations Manager
- General Supervision of all industrial relations activities of the Company.
- Development and recommendation of policies, plans, programs and procedures for the maximum effective use of the human resources of the Company.
- Negotiating collective bargaining agreements with the union
- Managing grievance procedures;overseeing dispute resolution involving employees, management, unions, government agencies, other firms, etc.
- Advising management on issues regarding union-management relations, such as contract negotiations
- A minimum of 10 years experience in the manufacturing company is required
- Background in labor relations related to the private sector and to the public sector at federal, state, and local levels
- Specific skills, such as negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communications and strong interpersonal communications
- An understanding of labour law
POSITION : Executive Assistant – Male
- Providing complete support to MD and completing projects
- Maintaining databases, filing systems, handle phone calls, expense claims and manage diaries
- Co-ordinating and arranging meetings and all the other related work
- Management of meeting schedules, travel arrangements, email, and other administrative support for senior management.
- Schedule appointment and meetings for supporting staff
- Screens and routes incoming calls and messages when necessary
- Keeping record of necessary documents & agreements as required
- Coordinate the flow of information both internally and externally.
- HND or BS/BA Degree desirable, MBA would be an advantage
- Willingness to work on Saturdays
- 4-5 years executive assistant experience, preferably in a fast-paced, environment.
- Ability to manage competing demands in a high pressure, fast paced, ever-changing environment with a high degree of professionalism and discretion
- Ability and flexibility to establish and handle multiple and changing work priorities, meet deadlines, and anticipate future responsibilities
- Able to handle highly confidential, sensitive materials and situations; ability to handle sensitive or difficult employee relations issues
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with the ability and confidence to cultivate and maintain positive working relationships with a wide range of individuals at all levels in the company and within the community
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and analyzing problems, utilizing good judgment and decision making skills in difficult situations
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Excellent technical skills; proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software-specifically in Excel, PowerPoint and Word; strong work ethic; self-motivated; ability to work independently
POSITION : Inventory Accountant
- The Inventory Accountant will supervise the accounting and reporting for all inventory activities at the warehouses, stores, and plant level.
- They will also prepare period account analyses for various General Ledger accounts, maintain the financial statements for the Pension and Profit Sharing Plans, and be responsible for the preparation of various year-end audit work papers.
- Assist in establishing and implementing inventory policies and procedures.
- Perform weekly and monthly physical stock checks at all the plants and highlight variances to the management.
- Perform weekly and monthly physical assets and tools counts at all the plants and highlight
- variances to the management.
- Prepare and distribute daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc inventory levels and consumption reports to all the relevant departments.
- Maintaining acceptable and accurate inventory levels at warehouse/inventory locations
- based on goods shipped.
- Report shortfalls and surplus inventory weekly and monthly for replenishment.
- A minimum of 8 years experience as an Inventory or Cost Accountant.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- Is flexible and able to work as part of a team.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
POSITION : Procurement Officer
- Candidates should have up to 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Candidates must already be performing similar functions in their current jobs and experience must have been gained in a manufacturing work environment.
POSITION : Head of Internal Audit
- To manage the Internal Audit function for the group company.
- To ensure that the Internal audit Function provides an independent assessment of the adequacy of the company’s internal systems and controls, including the systems for appropriate identification and evaluation of risk and for ensuring compliance with all applicable law and regulation.
- To draw any weaknesses or shortcomings noted to the attention of management.
- Internal Audit and Continuous Improvement
- Design, implement, test and modify controls in specific organisation systems, to provide assurance of operational and technical efficiency at the corporate level.
- Identify instances of over and under control and provide management with a clear articulation of residual risks where existing controls are inadequate.
- Keep abreast of legislative issues, new audit regulations/trends and appropriate audit direction/methodology.
- Conduct periodic training workshops to promote awareness of internal controls and discuss changes in policies that will impact the organisation.
- BA Degree in Business or related.
- 10+ years accounting or internal audit experience in a manufacturing industry.
- Certified Audit required, as well as one of the following: ACA or ACCA.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.