Latest Job Vacancy at Cummins Inc on 2017
Cummins Inc. – Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, (USA) Cummins currently employs approximately 48,000 people worldwide and serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of approximately 600 company-owned and independent distributor locations and approximately 6,800 dealer locations. Cummins earned $1.48 billion on sales of $17.3 billion in 2013.
POSITION : Maintenance Technician
- Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, the role will fit within the Operations Maintenance team providing electro-mechanical expertise to support Metal Fabrication & Paint as well as Genset Kitting/Testing departments, to ensure at all times the manufacturing processes are capable and available.
- You will have a responsibility for initiating and engaging in improvement activity, working proactively to maintain and repair equipment across multiple areas of the factory.
- Maintaining process capability and reliability to achieve optimum availability of machinery, equipment, related plant and services.
- To manage preventive and corrective maintenance processes and procedures for all electro/mechanical equipment i.e. Guillotine, CNC punching Machine, Press Brake, Welding Equipment, Paint Booth Compressors and Ventilation systems, Test Cells, Load Banks, Fuel Systems etc
- Development and implementation of Safety Systems for all Operations Maintenance activities.
- Coordinate and/or perform calibration on machines and equipment based on Manufacturer’s recommendation and maintain up-to-date calibration records.
- To provide input to annual capital planning process through both the TPM schedule and improvement projects.
- Continuously monitor and record equipment downtime using Maximo and identify opportunities for improvement based on trends.
- Implementation of backup processes as required to maintain process, proactively engaging the team in improvement activities that deliver improved performance.
- Ensure fast effective response to requests for maintenance resource and enter timely Maximo feedback on all attended issues.
- To support Operations to achieve their goals and objectives by providing technical assistance to all issues as identified by the Manufacturing Leader.
- To be the point of contact with supplier or contractor when providing equipment or services which are not available within the CPGN
- manufacturing facility, managing them whilst on site to ensure adherence to safe systems of work, quality standards, and delivery deadlines.
- To assess existing equipment and determine any new equipment or tooling requirements and that are available to support the facility requirements.
- To be responsible of the Lifting Equipment Register, keeping it accurate and up to date.
- To be responsible for the Critical Spare List, keeping it accurate and up to date.
- To complete risk assessments for own tasks and that of contractors working for Manufacturing Engineering on site.
- To manage daily prioritization of maintenance ticket requests and maintain accurate accounting of progress/completion.
- To work within current Health and Safety legislation, published standards and codes and the Company’s health and safety policies, procedures and rules.
- Be participative with all company improvement initiatives e.g. Continuous Improvement for a leaner working processes and practices.
- Be an active team player and be able to work within a larger team structure.
- Must be flexible in working with other Performance Cell functions if required e.g. Test, Quality and Materials.
- Make judgements and work on own initiative within agreed guidelines of work instructions and Cummins quality standards.
- Be active in assisting the working area in maintaining a safe, clean, efficient working area as defined under 5S.
- Be supportive by sharing knowledge with colleagues in support of achieving best practice.
- Experience working within a manufacturing environment in an Operations Maintenance context with knowledge on Machine Maintenance, Electrical Drawings, LV/HV, Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) and risk assessments.
- Experience of design, commission & installation projects
- Experience of preventative maintenance
- Experience of delivering results against targets is essential preferably in an Operations Maintenance capacity in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in using Microsoft office suite packages.
- BSc. or National Equivalent in Electrical Engineering; Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering; Process Engineering Maintenance or related Degree
- Time served within a manufacturing environment with demonstrable proven relevant experience in an Operations Maintenance context.
- Electro/Mechanical Troubleshooting
- Risk Assessment
- Process Documentation
- Genset Knowledge
- LV/HV Awareness
- Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) Awareness
- Knowledge of following Quality standards & systems
- Knowledge of following Health & Safety guidelines