Latest Job Vacancy at Greenlight Planet on 2016
Greenlight Planet is a US-based, for-profit social business on a mission to deliver honest, affordable solar energy solutions to the world’s two billion under-electrified consumers. Today 5 million households in 40 countries use our Sun King solar products and we’re adding 5,000 new households each day. Our products are sold through our in-house network of 1,000+ village direct sales agents and distribution partnerships with leading retail, consumer finance and development organizations– including One Acre Fund, Total, SKS and 20 MFIs in 40 countries in Asia and Africa.
We have now launched a new pay-as-you-go consumer finance solar business which leverages digital payment and mobile technology to allow off-grid families to purchase solar products and pay for it in small installments over time. Our initial pay-as-you-go sales channels have seen a 6X increase in sales thanks to massively increased affordability. We’re now ready to expand the business in Nigeria through our proprietary direct sales field force with the target of becoming the world’s largest rooftop solar energy distributor in the next 24 months.
We are looking for a Senior Business Leader reporting directly into Global Sales Director for Direct PAYGO business in Nigeria. Nigeria is one of the key focus market for Greenlight Planet offering immense growth potential and long term business prospects.
POSITION : Country Head – Direct Sales (Nigeria)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Recruitment of distributors as per Company process including documentation, agreement signing and bank account opening if required
- Weekly review of Key Performance Indicators for each distributor (Float requirement, stocks replenishment, receivables from agents, account updates in the system & commissions)
- Training of distributor staff on products and processes
- Ensuring 100% compliance to set processes for sales & collections by agents, repossessions and after-sales (warranty, repairs etc.).
- Recruitment, development & retention of ASM including JFW (Joint field work)
- Drive Field training, activity & productivity for Sales Agents.
- Graduate Degree from an accredited University
- Excellent communication skills in English and local language.
- 6+ sales experience managing distribution and channel driven businesses across Nigeria (multiple geographies within the country).
- Experience of managing large field sales team is preferable
- Should be willing to travel 15-20 days a month within Nigeria.
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Sharp problem-solving ability, process orientation and capable to drive sales rigor/results.
Greenlight Planet offers attractive Fixed & Variable Compensation consistent with Market Standards; a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.