Latest Job Vacancy at Pyxera Global Nigeria on 2016
Pyxera Global – With a quarter century of experience in more than 90 countries, our team is passionate and dedicated to navigating challenges and pinpointing purposeful global engagement opportunities for our clients and partners.
POSITION : Agriculture Training Specialist
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Agriculture Training Specialist will provide technical expertise to the Farmer Aggregation and Taming team, and will lead straining activities to support smallholder farmers in reducing post-harvest loss of tomatoes.
The Agriculture training Specialist will report directly to the Nigeria YieldWise Deputy Director and will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop training lesson plans, modules and training guides for all project training activities.
- Develop a clear training work plan based on tomato seasonal calendar, farmer availability, project deadlines and targets.
- Develop a training curriculum on improved pre and post-harvest agronomic practices, access to finance, and farmer association capacity building with the end goal of reducing post-harvest loss of tomatoes for farmers in northern Nigeria.
- Incorporate adult learning skills objectives and techniques to prepare training modules to follow adult learning quality standards.
- Develop and lead training of trainer (ToT”) workshops for extension agents and lean farmers to become trainers in their designated local government areas.
- Monitor performance of trained trainers and provide regular feedback for effective implementation of trainings,
- Analyze and document tomato farming systems, with a specific focus on how to reduce loss on farm, in transit and as a result of seasonal glut
- Liaise with Market Linkages team to incorporate specific buyer, standard and requirements into training curriculum to support farmers in becoming ready suppliers.
- Provide regular agronomic advice to inform and Other program activities with respect in market linkages, access to finance and PHL technologies.
- Identify opportunity to increase female integration and participation in trainings and develop specific capacity building programs for women where needed.
- Coordinate with subject matter experts, industry providers and academic institutions to regularly update training curriculum and leverage additional resources for added value to trainings
- Document field achievements, innovations, failures and lessons learned to integrate into subsequent project activities and inform protect expansion strategy.
- Provide input on monitoring & evaluation tools to ensure accurate data collection, verification and analysis of training activities, and to avoid duplication of efforts.
- Develop post-season reports to be submitted to the YieldWise Deputy Director and shared with HQ.
- Support the development of other program reports on training activities, as needed.
- Conduct frequent site visits to observe trainings, monitor adoption of practices, and collect farm data from farmers.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Agronomy Agribusiness or related field.
- At least 7 years’ experience in agriculture or agribusiness, with a minimum of years in training/capacity building of farmers.
- Previous experience designing and implementing adult learning training modules including curriculum, lesson plans, objectives and learning assessments.
- Excellent facilitation skills, familiarity with ToT approaches and methodologies, and competencies to use tailor-made and diversified facilitation/ training methods and tools.
- Demonstrate expertise in agronomic practices, financial literacy, farmer loans and credit, on-farm technologies and farmer association capacity building.
- Fluent in English Hausa, required.
- Professional experience in northern Nigeria, preferred.
- Nigerian national, preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and CV’s/resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org In the subject line of the email please Write, PYXERA Global Nigeria YieldWise – Agriculture Training Specialist.
Note: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please indicate your availability and earliest start date in your email and/or cover letter, Incomplete applications will not be considered and phone calls will ot be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.