Latest Job Vacancy at the University of Dundee on 2016
POSITION : Recruitment Officer (West Africa)
- Identifying, delivering and monitoring student recruitment opportunities for target audiences in Nigeria and Ghana.
- Raising the and awareness of the University of Dundee programmes and successfully helping to achieve outcomes that advance the University’s international strategy.
- Attending student recruitment events throughout Nigeria and Ghana.
- Developing relationships with key scholarship bodies and government departments, and enhancing the existing network of agents in the region.
The Successful Applicant:
- Will be expected to significantly increase our matriculated student numbers (undergraduate and postgraduate) from scholarship bodies, agents and direct recruitment.
Key Job Areas / Deliverables:
- Organise and undertake recruitment visits across Nigeria and Ghana. This will include representing the University at exhibitions, educational institutions, predaparture briefings, agents and local partners
- Manage the University’s relationships in Nigeria with scholarship bodies and government! industry.
- Provide high quality market intelligence enabling the identification of new opportunities to optimist international student recruitment
- Answering enquiries from agents and students in a prompt manner, and to support university applications,
- Identifying opportunities for the University to promote all of its programmes and at all levels, including niche subjects areas, across Nigeria and Ghana.
- Advising prospective international students on thud applications to Dundee.
- Support Dundee-based colleagues and senior academic staff in planning university visits to ensure maximum impact
- Work within the University of Dundee’s West Africa marketing budget.
Desirable Criteria Considered Advantageous:
- Graduate of University of Dundee.
- Experience of working In University recruitment
- Familiarity with Scotland and Scottish Higher Education.
- Graduate, preferably from a UK University (University of Dundee particularly desired) with relevant professional qualification
- At least two years work experience in a relevant environment
- Experience in recruitment of African students for UK-based Higher Education Programmes (strongly preferred)
- Ability to work independently, taking a proactive approach, with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of the UK, especially the UK’s higher education
- Understanding of the general principles of the tier 4 general student visa regulations
- Knowledge of the Nigerian and ZGhanian higher education system with ability to travel
- Able to travel botg Nigeria and Ghana and overseas and to work non-standard hours when required.
- Excellent oral and written English Language skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their full CV and covering letter detailing why you think you are best suited for the Job to: email@example.com