Latest Job Vacancy as Deputy Finance Manager at Pact Nigeria on 2016
Pact Nigeria, an independent International non-profit Organization headquartered in Washington, DC, USA. Pact’s vision is a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership over their future. Its mission is to enable systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.”
POSITION : Deputy Finance Manager
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensuring timely and accurate submission of Pact Nigeria monthly financial reports to Headquarters
- Ensuring proper adherence to all payment process that ensures transparency and good controls;
- Ensuring proper maintenance and archiving of accounting documents;
- Ensuring disbursements of funds in accordance with established timeframes and procedures;
- Ensuring implementation of internal control and adherence to financial policies and procedures;
- Serves as systems administrator and ensures smooth operations of the department’s accounting system;
- Assist in the review of the project status report and monitoring of project performance
- Generate such financial report documents and reports as necessary for appropriate review by senior management at the country and HQ levels;
- Support Supervision and review of sub-award financial reports, taking initiative to solve problems in accordance with policies and program objectives;
- Assist to generate such financial documents and reports as necessary for appropriate financial reports by senior management at the country and HQ levels;
- Review and reconcile payroll ensuring that payroll deductions are in line with the government legislation and salaries are computed in line with laid down policies;
- Assist when required to send Work closely with home office in ensuring that all reconciliations are resolved as at when due;
- Work with the grants department to ensure that completed grants are reconciled
- Support Finance Manager to collate data from project leadership for cash request from the Home office.
- Any other duties that may be assigned, during the period of the contract.
- A minimum of Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Social Sciences, Business or other relevant field.
- Chartered accountant qualifications a plus.
- Must also have at least Five years of experience in the area of Finance and Administration with an international NGO
- Experience with accounting standards/practices of international organization a strong plus.
- Demonstrated experience with automated accounting systems and good knowledge of internal control systems and financial audit processes.
- Must have some knowledge in accounting software’s like quick books and serenics navigator.
- Managed accounting procedures for multiple donor or project accounts.
- Excellent communication, writing, and organizational skills.
- Team player with the ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency in MSWord, Excel and PowerPoint.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume/CV’s and cover letter on their suitability to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All CV’s/resume/applications MUST be in either word format or PDF.
- Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the SUBJECT of the mail.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.