Latest Job Vacancy for Lead Sourcing Specialist at GE on 2016
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
POSITION : Lead Sourcing Specialist
- Collaborate with source commodity teams by translating the business requirements (SOWs) as input to the commodity strategy
- Lead the execution of the [local or regional] sourcing strategy; deliver a competitive advantage by driving the strategic supplier initiatives, selection, development, and consolidation to ensure optimal business performance.
- Partner with key business stakeholders to ensure sourced material and services meet the needs of the business
- Collaborate with source commodity teams to ensure supplier quality and delivery performance needs are met and improvement strategies are implemented
- Collaborate with commodity leaders to execute negotiation on specifically assigned commodities
- Execute across the purchase base, with full accountability for meeting deflation (savings), usage, cash and preferred supplier targets.
- Own the day-to-day execution of the transactional procurement process including approving a PO. Convert purchase requisitions into purchase orders and manage the purchase orders until closed. (not in our end state but will eventually go Source to own)
- Develop & Lead site specific projects agreed to with the Business Sourcing leader.
- Understand and ensure business specific regulatory requirements, global ops compliance, and quality, delivery and cost expectations are met.
- Manage the operational relationship with suppliers.
- Work Cross-functionally with Global Ops and business teams to effectively implement business solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college or high school degree and at least 7 years of work experience in sourcing.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in sourcing or procurement
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- English proficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sourcing or Business
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical abilities, problem solving & negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage large projects
- Strong influencing & collaboration skills
- Proven ability to build rapport across the organization