Latest Jobs as Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited Recruits QAQC Supervisor on 2016
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
POSITION : QAQC Supervisor
- The QAQC Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring and enforcing the Quality implementation on the Nigeria Content fabrication Yards.
- She/he will report on daily basis to clients Package Quality Superintendent.
The SERVICE holder is directly responsible for:
QC Activities General
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in inspecting incoming materials, in process construction components, and finished module to ensure adherence to company quality standards and customer specifications.
- Supervises the Quality Control functions/activities of a project or its parts, including Quality Control inspection schedules and the collection of Quality Records. Ensures the availability of quality record documents.
- Assesses the implementation of the Quality Plan on site.
- Allocates Quality Control personnel to the various areas of site activity.
- Supervises inspections, reports and the documentation issued by inspectors and collect and file the required Quality Records.
- Evaluates the qualifications of welders and Non Destructive Test-NDT technicians with regard to the activities assigned.
- Evaluates the qualifications of inspection personnel.
- Ensures the correct application of Quality Control phase.
- Takes case of reporting on his duty to Project Superintendent (PS).
- Arranges in coordination with PS and site personnel procedures, manuals and reports.
- Be sure that all sites activities are carried out according to reference documentation.
- Cooperates in Event Report Management and for all the implementation of relative corrective actions.
- Systematically record the nonconformity or event reports issued and identify appropriate corrective actions.
- Manages collaboration of measurement instruments and related certifications.
- Distributes Quality Plan on Site.
- Informs the Project Quality Engineer of any deviation regarding the contract.
- Checks the completeness and conformity to specified applicable requirements, standards and/or directives.
- Ensures that the tests, controls and inspections are carried out and that personnel have access to all required project documentation.
- Makes site personnel aware of and train them on quality topics.
- Ensures, whenever necessary, the update of site quality control plans / control procedures.
- Ensure proper control/traceability on free issue and purchased materials and that they conform to required specification.
- Ensure Contractors’ control and adherence to specification, codes, standards and statutory requirements
- Update internal Database with all information (Corrective Action Requests, Nonconformities and Deviations/Derogations etc) and prepare statistic analysis.
- Determine with the Yard CSR or Superintendent where improvements are required and where necessary recommend corrective action.
- Participate at kick-off meetings.
- Review the “As Built” Dossier for completeness and correctness.
- Perform physical inspections, plan and co-ordinate piping test and to interpret test and result.
- Initiate, discuss with the Yard QA/QC leader and help to promote all necessary corrective actions for any failure identified within the project quality system.
- Ensure all nonconformities are resolved, track trends and make recommendations to the Yard QA/QC leader for inspection levels and frequency changes.
- Attend weekly project meetings and monthly meetings with Contractors
- Carried out Final Inspection of Modules together with QAQC Yard Representative
- Prepared and issued Inspection Release Certificates.
- Performs other duties as assigned to him/her by upper line of authorities.
- Ensure implementation of the Contractor HSE plan (Procedures, Risks Assessments…) as approved.
- Participate in the implementation of the Project HSE Management System (plans, procedures and specifications) within project in Korea for all aspects of the work.
- Provide specialist advice, supports and technical assistance to the HSE Superintendent on HSE matters.
- Provide on-site HSE leadership to the project team at all work sites.
- Promote the implementation of HSE procedures and follow up their strict implementation on project SHI shipyard and main subcontractors.
- Participate and ensure compliance with recommendations from safety audits, SERVICE safety analysis, reviews, incident and accident investigation.
Context and Environment
- Nigerian context (Nigerian content, Nigerian Laws, Authorities involvement in the “due process”) shall be taken into account.
- Detailed Engineering for project is done mostly in Nigeria
- Nigerian Content Fabrication for 6 modules, pressure vessel, flare tower and structure appurtenance.
- The Integration of the project and Nigerian content will be performed in Nigeria.
- The SERVICE shall be site based at the clients fabrication worksite; however it will be initially located in Lagos during detail engineering period.
- The SERVICE holder shall be fully accountable and directly responsible to ensure the full implementation of Quality Management within the projects packages as per requirement of Project.
- High standard of verbal and written communications, including: report writing, presentations, diplomacy and assertiveness.
- Be fully conversant with Welding Processes, Welders qualifications, Materials identification, NDE Techniques and with Manufacturing/construction activities and Painting/Coating/Fireproofing process.
- Able to follow up pWPS, PQR and WPS, WQT and WPQT, painting/coating qualification.
- Knowledgeable in the various applications of welding, painting, pressure vessel codes and standards and Can direct people
- Strategic thinking – Decision Making – Listening and reception. Problem Solving Spirit of Enterprise -Relations management. Flexibility – Excellence orientation.
- Innovation – Change management. Planning target control – Communication. Experience with latest inspection and monitoring methods.
- Good working knowledge of AWS, BGAS/CSWIP, ANSI, NACE, API Codes, metallurgy, welding engineering, NDT Used in FPSO design and construction.
- Knowledge of client’s general specification and BV rules are an advantage
- Graduate Bachelors degree (B. Sc) or equivalent in engineering disciplines relevant to Oil& Gas and Construction engineering activities.
- Professional Experience (number of years): 10 years of relevant construction experience in Oil and Gas Production Projects.
- Administrative skill including proficiency in typical office application (Words, Excel, Power Point, etc)
- Fluent in English and able to communicate at all level within the Company. Good planning capacity, presentation , negotiation and organizational skills