Latest Jobs as Career Opportunity at APM Terminals on 2016
APM Terminals – an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group – We are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
POSITION : OPS STA
- Provides the leadership and direction for the operations of the Container Terminal in the operations department to maintain and create safe working conditions while ensuring excellent customer service and maintaining a high productivity and cost efficient operation.
- Execute strategies for the operations department in line with & contributing to the company vision & strategy, within the borders of business plan & budget.
- Manage the daily operations according to the agreed operating principles of the business & relationships with customers.
- Participate in selection, negotiation & finalizing agreements with suppliers & customers & where appropriate be responsible for execution & maintenance of service levels as agreed.
- Contribute input to development in technology & systems as applicable to improve efficiencies in cost, productivity & customer service.
- Ensure compliance with HSSE policies & procedures by all operational staff and enforce safe working practices and ensure lost time injuries are kept to a minimum..
- Ensure a cost efficient operation in excess current best practices.
- Measure and monitor performance against critical criteria, policy and guidelines.
- Direct reports and labour in the operations department are trained in best operation practices with regards to advanced operations strategies and new technology.
- Achieve the Company’s and its customer’s expectations with regard to operational efficiency, productivity and reliability.
- Liaise with labour unions to ensure industrial harmony with the workforce
- Manage employee performance issues including training, appraisals, discipline and grievances.
Who we are looking for
- Candidate with a Bachelor degree in Logistics, Maritime and Port Management, process/industrial engineering or a marine qualification, at least at Masters 1st Class level (having had command of a vessel)
- Post graduate studies in Port and/or Terminal Management, or related business studies.
- 7 years or more of strong leadership & managerial experience in terminal operations environment.
- Experience in finance related matters, setting budgets and reporting against financial objectives.
- Experience in Ship Gear and Mobile Harbour Crane Operations.
- In-depth comprehensive understanding of container terminal operations, especially vessel cargo logistics, hazardous cargo, special cargo handling requirements and equipment.
- Advanced level of verbal and written communications skills in English.
We offer a safe, friendly, engaging working environment, opportunities for personal and professional growth and a competitive compensation package. In addition, we offer exposure to international standards multi-purpose terminal operations.