Latest Jobs as Finance and Grants Director at RTI International on 2016
RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 4000 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis
POSITION : Finance and Grants Director
- The Finance and Grants Director will report to the Chief of Party and provide oversight for all financial and grant-making aspects of the project.
- Candidate should possess strong management, administrative and communication skills (including report writing).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the finance and administration functions for this large, complex project and ensures compliance with RTI and USAID procedures;
- Manage finance, grants, and information technology (IT) support to the project, requesting direction from RTI headquarters business partners as needed;
- Work closely with COP, technical staff, pertinent RTI regional and home office staff and appropriate USAID staff when necessary to ensure project resources are effectively and efficiently budgeted, analyzed, disbursed, monitored and reported in achieving project objectives and results;
- When necessary, work closely with key RTI staff, government and non-government officials, contractors and USAID staff to ensure full compliance with local laws (e.g., with respect to taxes, pension, shipping, customs, registration) while integrating with RTI systems and procedures;
- Provide training and guidance to state finance officers and sub-grantees on managing project expenses to annual work plan and contract budgets;
- Oversee preparation and submission of monthly financial statements (including expenses, receivable and payables);
- Ensure timely submission of expense reports, bank reconciliations and wire transfer requests to corporate headquarters in the US;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual expenditures and prepare pipeline estimates for the project;
- Prepare biweekly cash requirements, monitoring cash flow and reconciles cash accounts in order to maintain appropriate cash balances;
- Manage and monitor performance of office petty cash system;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Directly supervise and mentor project staff.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills And Ability
- Advanced degree in Business Administration, Accounting or other relevant field, or equivalent experience and certifications and a minimum of 12 years’ experience in administrative and financial management of complex, development assistance programs;
- Prior experience overseeing finance for a USAID-funded project of a similar size and complexity.
- Previous experience with USAID-funded programs, and fluency with USAID policies and procedures related to financial management, financial reporting, and grant making.
- Excellent track record of good interpersonal, supervision, leadership and managerial skills;
- Results-oriented and team player and ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position;
- Advanced budgeting, financial analysis, and MS Excel skills required.
- Experience with grants management, preferably small and in-kind grants, highly desired.
- Proficiency with accounting software (Quickbooks preferred), Word, PowerPoint and Access.
- Verbal and written fluency in the English language along with strong communications, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated team player with effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills; able to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and lead multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to resolve sensitive and complicated work issues with senior high-level country counterparts, donor representative and senior-level staff.
- Ability and willingness to live in Nigeria and travel frequently within Northern Nigeria.