Latest Jobs for Gradate Trainees at British American Tobacco on 2016
British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace. Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands. POSITION : Technical Trainees
Job purpose and key deliverables
- Manufacturing and Engineering continues to be the bedrock of a developing economy and as part of our commitment to developing technical skills, we are seeking applicants into our Technical Trainee Programme.
- The programme is a 12 months technical skills learning opportunity targeted at passionate, young, and talented individuals with the required potential to deliver on business goals. It has also been designed to build technical capabilities and competencies relevant to the Manufacturing Industry driven by a Performance learning approach.
- Continuous assessment and appraisal of trainees will take place during the period of training and on successful completion of the training programme, a certificate of participation will be awarded.
- BAT is not obliged to provide employment to trainees on successful completion of the programme; however trainees will be kept in a pool for future employment when the opportunity presents itself.
- National Technical Certificate (NTC) or Advanced National Technical Certificate (ANTC) issued by the National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB
- Technicians Certificate (or its equivalent) issued by City & Guilds of London with qualifications in Engineering & Transport and Processes & Manufacturing.
- Related fields of study:
- Vocational studies in Automotive, Electrical & Electronic, Production and Maintenance, Metals & fabricated metal products
- Vocational studies in electrical and electronics installation and in Maintenance Practice
- All enrolled trainees will receive a monthly allowance to cover incidental expenses throughout the duration of the programme. Students will also benefit from the company’s canteen services as well as medical services at the company’s clinic.