Latest Jobs Recruitment at JAGAL Group for Barge Captain on 2016
JAGAL Group – offers diverse career opportunities across all its business activities. The Group’s broad range of industries and services offer rewarding prospects for various professional backgrounds and can satisfy ambitions for a successful future career.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
POSITION : Barge Captain
- To be in charge of ferrying goods in and out of the island ensuring all safety precautions are adhered to.
- Follow barge schedule timings and instructions from Supervisor.
- Collision regulations to be critically observed at all times.
Key Aims and Objectives
- Ensuring safe and effective handling of the barge, Equipment and Passengers On-board.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Conveyance of Personnel, Goods and Vehicles safely. Ensuring the safety of passengers and Crew members. Safe keeping of all equipment assigned to and keeping away from hazards. Ensure all passengers wear their life-jackets, if applicable. Follow scheduled and requested timings.
- As may be assigned by the Facilities Management.
- To ensure that the barge is properly kept. Maintain a daily check list for the boat & life vests. Maintain good housekeeping habits.
- Daily Report on the Barge condition or any other issue that may arise, including accidental damage.
Key Internal Interfaces:
- Site Maintenance
Key External Interfaces:
- Clients, All Employees, Visitors and 3rd Party Agencies.
- Secondary School certificate.
- Quatermaster Certificate.
- S.T.C.W – 95 Certificate.
- River Master Certification. (Not compulsory).
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in similar industry.
- Good English and communication skills.
- Read and Write.