Latest Jobs Recruitment at The Federal University Dutse on 2016
The Federal University Dutse is one of the nine university established by the Federal Government on February 11, 2011. It commenced academic programmes in the year 2012 with three faculties and has produced first set of graduates as well started postgraduate programmes. Presently, the operating Faculties in the University are Agriculture, Science and, Arts and Social Science, while Faculties of Medicine Management Science Education and Law are in the offing.
As a growing institution the University is committed to fostering academic, social and infrastructural developments that will strategically position it among comity of institutions of learning locally, and internationally. The fast growth experienced by the institution is due to its culture of attracting retaining innovative and outstanding individuals as staff.
POSITION : Director – Physical Planning, Works and Maintenance
- The Director Physical Planning, Works and Maintenance Department is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the physical development of the University.
- He/She is responsible for the coordination and supervision of physical development of projects, ensure quality, standard and maintenance of structures in the University.
- The Director must be a person of high integrity who demonstrates respect and loyalty of staff of the University.
- He/She must also be receptive to new ideas and willing to translate them into new projects in line with the phased physical development plans of the University.
Candidates should possess the following:
- Possess a good honours Degree in any field of the Building Industry from a recognized University with not less than Fifteen (15) years experience, Eight (8) of which must be in Tertiary Institution,
- Candidates must have attained the position of Deputy Director or its equivalent in a University system or Tertiary Institution.
- Candidates MUST be registered with relevant professional body.
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of relevant packages.
- Must not be more than 65 years on assumption of duty.
Director, Physical Planning, Works and Maintenance are as applicable in all Nigerian Universities, and as determined by Government.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Twenty (20) word-processed Applications and Twenty (20) copies of Curriculum Vitae with copies of credentials with the post applied for clearly written at the top of the right hand corner of the envelope. to;
A one-page of Candidate’s vision statement for the University during his/her tenure if appointed should be attached with the application. The applications must include academic and professional qualifications, birth certificate or declaration of age, verifiable evidence of work experience and curriculum vitae that includes the following among other information:
- Full name (Surname, First name, Middle name)
- Post applied for
- Place and State of Birth
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area
- Permanent Home Address
- Correspondences Address (if different from Permanent Address)
- Mobile Phone Number(s)
- Email Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children (if any)
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic Qualifications obtained with dates
- Professional Qualification obtained with dates
- Work experience including full details of former and present posts
- Community service(s) rendered (including dates and locations)
- Extra-Curriculum Activities
Names, and Address of three Referees one of whom must be from the last or current place of employment. All referees should be asked to send their independent reports to the Registrar with full details of the applicant and the post applied for not later than the closing date stated above.