Latest Jobs Recruitment at Plusnet Broadband on 2016
Plusenet is Nigeria’s fatest and best internet broadband service provider covering major cities across Nigeria.
POSITION : Network Support Engineer
- We are looking for a Network Engineer responsible for maintaining the systems that allow organisations to function and communicate, both internally and externally, on a daily basis.
- As a network support engineer you’ll be responsible for designing, installing and maintaining the WAN and LAN connectivity, communications, file sharing and general IT resources used by the organisation.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide technical support to clients and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Implement and oversee security tools of all systems especially the internet, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
- Fixing network faults
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Day to day admin and monitoring of network use
- In depth knowledge of the four network types (LAN,WAN,MAN and GAN)
- Basic knowledge on configuring network devices (Routers, Switches, Wireless routers, Access Points and firewalls)
- Proven hands-on network engineering experience
- Having a networking certification would be an added advantage (CCNA or it’s equivalent).
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Good at woking with team, problem solving, organising and multitasking
- Able to explain technical problems in a simple term
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools