Latest New Job Vacancy at Save the Children on 2016
Save the Children – We work with other organizations, governments, non-profits and a variety of local partners while maintaining our own independence without political agenda or religious orientation. Save the Children’s mission is to Inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
POSITION : Household Economic Strengthening (HES) Coordinator – Life Step
Train village agents on village savings and loan scheme across Katsina, Zamfara and Jigawa states. Support village agents to establish 4 saving groups in each of the 18 project communities in 3 states and develop user friendly version of guidelines for formation of VSLA groups.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Conduct security briefing and child safe guarding awareness for consultant and his/her team, Meet with the project team and confirm Logistics arrangement for community training. Make Visit to the COSs working on the CEFM Project.
- Conduct a central training in each of the 3 States Zamfara, Katsina and Jigawa for village agents on VS&L, to support the step down in the communities.
- Conduct community trainings and formation of 2 savings groups in 6 communities in Zamfara.
- Conduct community trainings and formation of 2 savings groups in 6 communities in Katsina.
- Conduct community trainings and formation of 2 savings groups in 6 communities in Jigawa.
- Follow up with the 36 VS& L group to monitor the Inaugural meetings and support the CSOs as the continue groups formation in each state.
- Final Visit to the 18 Communities in the 3 state to monitor Progress, Mentor and evaluate the immediate outcome of the VS&L intervention
- A detail report of the 90days activity, successes Challenges and recommendations is shared with SCI
Qualifications and Experience
- Post graduate/Degree in Social Sciences, humanities or development studies
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in provision of economic strengthening services, preferably in formation of saving groups at local community level in northern Nigeria
- Proven skills and experience working in multi-cultural environments, and in ‘grass-roots’ community-based settings.
- Excellent training & facilitation skills; excellent verbal communication & listening skills.
- Must be able to work with vulnerable households especially women and girls
- Must be willing to travel and work in rural areas throughout the duration of the consultancy
- Must be fluent in English and Hausa language
- Must be ready and willing to train in hard to reach communities of Zamfara, Katsina and Jigawa states.
- Must be willing to respect and main the cultural and religious of the project communities.